Chimp & See Talk

Video clips questions

• Snorticus by Snorticus

1. Generally how many clips are loaded each day or are all the clips loaded when the project goes on line?

2. If one logs clips for several hours in a day will each clip viewed be unique?

3. Are the clips shown to us in a completely random order? (all mine so far are from Muddy-Frost-7 but are they random within that?)

Posted

• AnLand by AnLand moderator in response to Snorticus's comment.

Hi @Snorticus,

I try to answer with what I did understand. Maybe someone can correct me if I am wrong.

1. I think a site or at least big chunks of the videos of one site is uploaded at once, not on a daily basis some new videos. We have six sites here and two of them are not uploaded yet.

2. In principle you as an individual should see each video only once for annotation. Each video is seen and annotated by several people. The first statement here is not perfectly true as I and others reported repetition of videos. But these were not the rule (I had maybe 10 repeated videos for annotation all in all) and I suspect that this is happening more often if a site is running out of data. At least in my case it happened a lot last weekend when Red Water 6 was nearly finished and earlier complaints were when Cool Silence ran out of data (but I might be wrong about that, just my impression).

3. That brings me to your last question: at the moment only Muddy Frost 7 is online. I think, Red Water 6 ran out of data somewhen in the beginning of the week. I still had lots of videos from there last weekend. Quiet Wood is finished (I did not see any of this) and so is Cool Silence.

Posted

• MimiA by MimiA scientist, moderator

AnLand - that seems dead on how I understand it as well 😃 which means hopefully a new site gets uploaded soon 😃

Posted

• Snorticus by Snorticus

Thanks for that info from your experiences, AnLand!

Posted