Chimp & See Talk

Posting in Objects v. Posting in Site specific Chimp List

• kamadden by kamadden

When I've ID'd a chimp I go to discuss in talk - label it with a hashtag as #chimp and then click discuss in Science. That posts the comment into Objects not the specific chimp list. I have been copying and pasting, and reposting each sighting in the appropriate list -essentially double posting...once in Objects and once in the chimp list.

Is this the wrong way of doing it? I have gotten messages on my Object posting from several moderators saying I should post it in the site specific chimp list....which I have been doing, but I guess they aren't looking there, or don't recognize the duplicate.

Thanks,
    Kate

What is best practice?

Posted

• Quia by Quia moderator

Anything chimp ID related should go in the specific site board, no need to put it in the Objects board, too. They're separated out so it's easier to keep track of the chimps at each site. Even then it's a little hectic. 😃

Posted

• DZM by DZM admin

This is sort of a problem with this software. You can post about a featured video in Objects (where the video appears next to the thread), but only in Objects. And we can't separate Objects into all of the different sites, so trying to do all of the ID there would be insane. 😃 Hence all the site-specific boards.

If I were you, I'd forget about doing the "discuss in Science" part and just go straight to the copy-paste-in-the-Chimp-ID board. Does that make sense?

I wish there were a way to post from the "discuss in Science," with the featured video, somewhere besides "The Objects" -- I even tried to get this fixed before we launched! -- but there just isn't, it couldn't be done. It's a feature that will certainly exist in the next Talk!

The long and short of it is: don't make the Objects thread, just make the thread in the chimp ID board. Make sense? 😃

Posted