Chimp & See Talk

New locations today?

• Snorticus by Snorticus

Just wondering about the two new locations I'm seeing tagged in recents. Can you all talk about this some? Are we going to start ID-ing from multiple sites simultaneously? I see some new duikers and other animals to sort out with relation to their location that yshish talked about in the keyword discussion. Things are getting a bit more complicated?

Posted

• AnLand by AnLand moderator in response to Snorticus's comment.

Think about it as a new level in a computer game. 😛 (I think, decision-making is still in progress.)

Posted

• Snorticus by Snorticus

It's great to see new users on! You mods may be pretty busy fielding questions about all the new stuff coming at once. 😃

Posted

• yshish by yshish moderator in response to Snorticus's comment.

We are in a big number here so I believe we'll manage it somehow. You are all doing great and our new volunteers seem to learn very quickly! 😃

Posted

• MimiA by MimiA scientist, moderator

We are so excited about all the new citizen scientists and also all the new sites suddenly but we aren't entirely sure what's going on!!!! 😄

It may be that we will be doing a few sites at once and I have some new scientists lined up for the job - but I am just waiting to hear back from zooniverse that this is the case! If it is, I think we will open new chimp boards in the next day(s)!

More soon, I promise!

cheers
    mimi

Posted

• etaylor16 by etaylor16

Which are the two new locations? Do they have names? I'm putting together a chart of all the locations and the behaviors observed within those locations. I'm trying to look at differences in behavioral pattern, so any new info on videos from new locations is helpful!

Posted

• AnLand by AnLand moderator

Hi @etaylor16,

the newly opened sites are "Restless Star 13" and "Cold Fire 14". You can see the maps and locations here: http://talk.chimpandsee.org/#/boards/BCP0000007/discussions/DCP00009aw

Posted