Chimp & See Talk

About how many clips per site?

• Snorticus by Snorticus

About how many 15 second clips are we looking through per site? I know that probably varies a lot but can you scientists give us some idea of the numbers?

Posted

• AnLand by AnLand moderator

Anything between 700 (Cold Snowflake) and 63,000 (RestlessStar). It varies quite a lot. Aged Violet is even bigger with more than 125,000 video clips. So, there is a lot to do and many more chimp videos to find.

Posted

• MimiA by MimiA scientist, moderator

You're more or less right AnLand - but how were you able to figure that out? That number seems a bit high for Aged Violet so I wanna check it out. Thanks!

Posted

• AnLand by AnLand moderator in response to MimiA's comment.

Hm, I did not count the videos, but that's the number from the project metadata. Maybe you need to check this?

Posted

• MimiA by MimiA scientist, moderator

Many thanks!

Posted

• Boleyn by Boleyn moderator

Whoa! 125'000?

I could barely believe this so I tried to "count" the videos at Aged Violet by estimating the quantity based on the video ID-numbers. Those run from about e to g (after the tripple 0) with roughly 43'000 videos per letter. Given that all the videos with something in them are checked by about 8 people and those without by 3-4 people - yes, it seems we will spend a veeeery looooong time at Aged-Violet with thousands and thousands of small grey lovable duikers!!! 😛 😄

Posted

• puddock by puddock in response to AnLand's comment.

Wow! That'll keep us going for a while... 😃

Posted