Chimp & See Talk

Mother + baby + juvenile

• dayiel by dayiel

ACP0000awj #QWFam01A #chimps in Quiet Wood 1

Guys, I apologise in advance, I don't know if Im doing the tagging and posting right. Some moderator said to post this lady+2 kids in the Quiet wood section. Hope the link to video works. Mother carrying small baby on the back and juvenile follows her. Then notices the camera and stairs for a moment. Pretty cool.

Posted

• Aqua_Fairy by Aqua_Fairy

Thank you @dayiel I forgot to post this here yesterday. Here is two snapshots from that video.

oneone

Posted

• MimiA by MimiA scientist, moderator

Hi guys, thanks for this find!
    The first female and infant pass by too quickly to say which Fam group it is.
    But I feel pretty sure that this is QWJuv01
    (I was also considering QWJuv 02 but i think the brow ridge dip matches QWJuv01 better, and I think QWJuv02's face, especially around the nose and mouth area is more narrow than in this clip)
    So naming is open, which ever of you two reply first, you will get to attribute the name to these 3

Posted

• dayiel by dayiel

Oh wow, nice! I saw it only now cause chats don't have any notification system or I haven't found it yet 😃

How about #Cody for the little kid and #Leia for QWJuv01...

Im not 100% sure I see the similarities with QWjuv01, I though our juvelnile had flatter face in profile, and a smaller ear but more to the front than that on this pic http://static.zooniverse.org/www.chimpandsee.org/subjects/54d2493e69736d54d87a3300/previews/54d2493e69736d54d87a3300_15.jpg
    I get your argument about face narrowness, but I see more similarities with QWJuv02. It could be the lighting,

Posted

• Aqua_Fairy by Aqua_Fairy

I suggest #Chanel then for the mother 😃

Posted

• dayiel by dayiel

Nice name @Aqua_Fairy 😃
    @MimiA After hours of staring at QWJuv01 videos, I think I get what you say about the groove, she has high forehead, equally cut hairline on both sides and a cute groove cutting forhead in half... is that it? Discerning those facial details you guys see is extremely difficult for me!

Posted

@Dayiel its hard for me too!

I find the best thing is just to keep switching back and forth between the two images. First look at the width of the face, the distance between the nostrils and the eyes, nostrils and the lips, how far across the head does the brow go? etc...

As you can see on some of these chats, I definitely make mistakes too! But the idea is, if we discuss it and make our arguments, we will figure it out together 😃

Posted

• Quia by Quia moderator

Bumping this up back up as I am unsure of who's who here! Leia is on the known chimps page, but I can't seem to find Cody and Chanel?

Posted

Hi Quia

Actually Cody and Chanel pass by too quickly for me to say if they are a match or if they are unique so we can't really use this video to ID them. Only shot will be if later we find Leia with a mother and offspring - maybe we can compare them then. I am going to use the names for QWFAm04A (Chanel) and QWFam04B (Cody) instead since they still need names 😃

Posted