Chimp & See Talk

Videos not loading

• CHaRLieDonTsURf by CHaRLieDonTsURf

I started getting an error that said: Invalid Source. Now the videos won't load at all.

Posted

• DZM by DZM admin

What's your setup? What platform and browser? Does it work in a different browser?

Thanks!!

Posted

• DZM by DZM admin

This may have been an issue with site Frosty Sky 3. That site is now paused.

Thanks for the report!

Posted

• yshish by yshish moderator

Hi, I've got problems loading videos. I can see a blank classification page with the grey background but no video or thumbnails.. Here is a screenshot.

Reloading the page doesn't always help.. I'm working on Ubuntu, Firefox.

Anyone else having the same issue?

Posted

Reloading the page doesn't work at all anymore ๐Ÿ˜ฆ

Posted

• DZM by DZM admin

I'm not having any issues. Definitely let me know if anyone else is getting this... !

@yshish -- it IS working on Ubuntu and Firefox? Where isn't it working?

Posted

• yshish by yshish moderator in response to DZM's comment.

Oh, sorry.. I meant that I am working on Ubuntu = the problem appears while using Ubuntu.

Posted

Well, I've just tried to classify from Chrome on Yoga Tablet and it looks the same - no thumbnails on the classification page. Could it be trying to load a video from site which has been done already or something like that? However, it would probably say that we've run out of data instead of blank page (as at other project)... what do you think? I tried reload the page 5times with no success. Then I went away and came back and it worked again until I left the page - the next time it didn't work again. etc.

Posted

• DZM by DZM admin in response to yshish's comment.

Do you by any chance have an alternate account? Could you create one and try with that? That can narrow down if it's a problem with the site or with your account.

Thanks!!

Posted

I haven't got alternate account but I tried to log out and start the classification. Nothing has load. Reloading didn't help (I tried it 3 times). It is a problem of Chimp project only.

Posted

• DZM by DZM admin

Bleh. Okay. Let me wait to see if anyone else reports having a problem, and then we'll see how to proceed...

Posted

• AnLand by AnLand moderator

I don't want to complain, but since 3 or 4 days I have to re-start my (firefox) browser regularly because either it shows me the same video repeatedly (cannot press finish after some point) or does not load anything at all. It's all fine after a brief re-start of the browser.

Posted

Hm, I tried some 'Ubuntu web browser' and it behaves the same ๐Ÿ˜•

Posted

• DZM by DZM admin

No, no, we do want people to complain! That's how we know something is wrong. ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

The difficulty is hunting down a problem if only one or two people report it. I wonder if it has to do with us being low on data...

If anyone else is having problems, please tell me! We can try to match them up, hopefully, and figure out what's going on...

Posted

• MimiA by MimiA scientist, moderator

Mine does not load anything at all today either ๐Ÿ˜•

Posted

• Aqua_Fairy by Aqua_Fairy

Mine is not loading either

Posted

• DZM by DZM admin

Okay, something is definitely up. I briefly saw nothing, but then I hit refresh and I was fine.

Let me grab a developer and see if there's anything going on that we can figure out, or anything more we can ask you all about. Thanks... !

Posted

• Aqua_Fairy by Aqua_Fairy

Could it be Cool Silence that is out of data? When I hit refresh a few times Red Water showed up.

Posted

• yshish by yshish moderator in response to Aqua_Fairy's comment.

It usually shows 'we've run out of data' message at such cases but running out of data was the only thing which came to my mind too. Let's wait for the devs..

Posted

• DZM by DZM admin

Hey, @Aqua_Fairy -- it looks like that was indeed the key. The subject counter got de-synched, so the site didn't realize that site 5 was done and was trying to keep serving from it when there was nothing to serve.

We've just put in a fix. ๐Ÿ˜ƒ Let me know if there are any more issues. Thanks!!

Posted

Cool, seems to be working for me! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

Posted

• AnLand by AnLand moderator

Loading videos takes ages this morning. Won't re-size on the classification page. Do others have the same issue?

Posted

• jwidness by jwidness moderator

Sometimes they load slow for me, sometimes not at all until I refresh the page ๐Ÿ˜•

Posted