Chimp & See Talk

Link to discuss talk site missing

• semmele by semmele

Hello,

it's a problem when i will to a discuss talk site without Annotation/Classification.

It is a problem to come without annotation and classification to discuss talk site.

When I hear something rustling, or see only a tiny part of an animal, so it is necessary to make an annotation, or classify.

Why to discuss talk site I want so, I explained here:
    http://talk.chimpandsee.org/#/boards/BCP0000008/discussions/DCP0000srx

Posted

• semmele by semmele

I have a solution. Don't make a Annotation. Click the next video. And than go to the recent videos (favoring sadly don't work allways) and click in the video the speech bubble for link to the discuss-talk-site.

Posted

• AnLand by AnLand moderator

Hi @semmele,

I do not really know, what the purpose of your question is. Without an annotation, the video will not appear in your Recents. If you mean that you just click "Nothing here" - please don't do that. It means you are willingly classifying wrong. That will affect the data.

Why do you not want to classify if you are interested in the video?

Posted

• ksigler by ksigler moderator

I think the question is about those "something's there, but I can't see it" clips.

@semmele -- yes, that's how you can find a clip you've seen previously and discuss it.

Maybe I'm misunderstanding your comment about not making an annotation. In those cases you describe, where you see a tiny part of an animal, we DO want you to classify it. You can classify as "other (non-primate)" or your best guess, and then for behavior, choose something that fits as much as you can see or hear, like "on the ground" or "vocalization." But as @AnLand explained and is also explained here, that's more appropriate than "Nothing here" when there is in fact something #out_of_sight" 😃

Posted

• semmele by semmele

Ah Okay. @AnLand, yes, not all viewing videos are in the recent. (similiar problem with favor-heart.). @ksigler, and when i hear only something rustling? What a Annotation can i make? I miss a link to the discuss-talk-site. Thanks for your support.

Posted

• ksigler by ksigler moderator in response to semmele's comment.

If you hear something rustling but aren't able to guess what animal is making the noise, select "Other (non-primate)" and then for behavior, "on the ground" or "in a tree" or whatever is appropriate. That's enough to let the science team know that it's not really a totally blank video. After classifying, you can click the "discuss in talk button" and explain in the comments, or tag "#out_of_sight" for additional clarification. Hope that helps!

Posted

• semmele by semmele

@ksigler Thanks, yes, that helps.

Posted