Chimp & See Talk

You know you're a Chimp & See addict when...

• ksigler by ksigler moderator

...you look out your window, and upon seeing both a bird and a butterfly, mentally tag the scene as #multispecies. sigh 😛

Posted

• DZM by DZM admin

Hahaha, I've had experiences like that! It's the Tetris effect... but what you're all doing here matters a lot more than playing Tetris does! Much more productive. 😃

Posted

• MimiA by MimiA scientist, moderator

LOL! Thank you @ksigler for all your amazing efforts 😃

Posted

• ksigler by ksigler moderator

You're welcome, @MimiA. 😃 And yes, @DZM, Tetris effect, for sure. I dream about this stuff, too! But it's a good cause, so no complaints!

Posted

• drobinso by drobinso

Ha! I thought I was the only one! When I am out with my dogs, and I see an animal out of the corner of my eye, I start classifying it: "Squirrel, traveling, climbing tree!"

Posted

• ksigler by ksigler moderator in response to drobinso's comment.

lol That's hysterical, @drobinso! There's comfort in knowing we're not alone in our affliction. 😃 In all seriousness, I think this proves that doing this work is making us better observers of our environment, which is awesome!

Posted

• MimiA by MimiA scientist, moderator

@drobinso, @ksigler - so awesome! You may also start to notice you start looking at human interactions like you do at chimp interactions...its a common problem amongst primatologists 😉

Posted

• yshish by yshish moderator

😄 You're so fun, guys! (as well as this project)

Posted