Chimp & See Talk

Paid survey for citizen scientists

• MimiA by MimiA scientist, moderator

Hey, I saw this today on Reddit, i do not think it's zooniverse affiliated but you can make 4-6 dollars fro 20-30 minutes of your time. that's almost a coffee at starbucks 😉
    https://www.reddit.com/r/CitizenScience/comments/3rszhb/paid_survey_for_citizen_scientists_working_on/

Posted

• ksigler by ksigler moderator

Did this a few days ago and received $6! They give it in the form of an Amazon gift card. The questions are mostly about how you manage your time when working on citizen science projects, whether you multitask, use multiple devices, etc., and how you feel about working on citizen science vs. other work. In case anyone was wondering what they asked about, or if it was legit. 😃

Posted

• MimiA by MimiA scientist, moderator

thanks for the update @ksigler I'm glad it was legit and that they valued your time 😃

Posted

• ksigler by ksigler moderator

I originally heard about it through the CitSci mailing list. If anyone is interested in what's happening in the broader world of citizen science, you can receive various announcements, job postings, requests for input on projects, etc. More info here: CitSci Listserv

Posted

• yshish by yshish moderator

I completed that survey a week ago too, but haven't received any voucher yet. I have just emailed them.. Glad to hear that someone else got it :]

Posted

• yshish by yshish moderator

Ah, I have just received an apologize and the Amazon voucher for $6! They did a mistake before, when they were sending that..

Posted

• ksigler by ksigler moderator in response to yshish's comment.

Good to hear it! 😃

Posted

• drobinso by drobinso

I completed the survey and received my voucher promptly! Thanks!

Posted

• DZM by DZM admin

I think my professional affiliation probably DQ's me. 😃 But I'm glad you're all getting it!

Posted