Chimp & See Talk

Help Celebrate our Anniversary - Find party chimps, and win a C&S shirt!

• ChimpMods by ChimpMods

Update: We have 5 winners! Congratulations to volunteers @Orohena , @jurassicworld , @Boleyn , @zoogirl1 , and @hoothoot !! Thanks to all who participated, we hope you had fun celebrating with us!

To help celebrate our one-year anniversary, some very special chimps will be arriving over the next week to party with us. 😃 Keep an eye out for these party chimps -- 10 in total -- in various discussion threads here on C&S Talk. Find them all, and you could win a free Chimp & See t-shirt!

Here's how this game will run:

• Starting today, party chimps will begin to appear throughout Talk. We'll let you know here as the new ones arrive, and they'll stay until the game is over.

• Then, all you have to do is find them! (Hint, check threads that have been pinned or featured.. and maybe some that aren't?!) They won't be too hard to find; they're here to party, after all!

• When you find a party chimp, keep track of where you found it. Be sure to keep it to yourself - please don't spoil the fun for others! The last party chimp(s) will arrive on 4/29. After you find the last one, you'll send a message using the submission link below and tell us where you found them (the URL and/or name of the page is fine). The game will end after 5 people find all the party chimps and tell us the correct location. Those 5 people will win an official Chimp & See t-shirt!

Good luck!!

Posted

• ChimpMods by ChimpMods

3 Party Chimps Have Arrived!

The first 3 of 10 party chimps have arrived and are already running around our Talk discussion boards. See if you can find them!

Who just arrived?

Party chimp #1:
    Party Chimp 1
    Party chimp #2:
    Party Chimp 2
    Party chimp #3:
    Party Chimp 3

Keep an eye out for these guys around Talk (and the ones on this page don't count!). If you see one, make note of where you found them. More of their friends are on the way, and at the end of next week, you can submit all 10 locations for your chance to win! Have fun!

Posted

• jurassicworld by jurassicworld

Does it matter what country you're in?

Posted

• AnLand by AnLand moderator in response to jurassicworld's comment.

No, everybody is welcome to participate in this party chimp game and in general at Chimp & See! We will find a way.

Posted

• ChimpMods by ChimpMods

Another Party Chimp Has Arrived!

The 4th party chimp has arrived and is hanging out somewhere on our Talk discussion boards!

Who just arrived?

Party chimp #4:
    Party Chimp 4

Keep an eye out for these Party Chimps around the boards (and the ones on this page don't count!). If you see one, make note of where you found them. More are on the way, and at the end of next week, you can submit all 10 locations for your chance to win! Have fun!

Posted

• MimiA by MimiA scientist, moderator

YAY! You've hid them well mods! I've only found one so far! 😉

Posted

• ChimpMods by ChimpMods in response to MimiA's comment.

Hahah, good! No worries, there is still plenty of time to look. :>

How are others doing? We might be persuaded into dropping a hint or two...

Posted

• jurassicworld by jurassicworld in response to ChimpMods's comment.

I've found all of them so far.

Posted

• AnLand by AnLand moderator

Excellent! One of them might be in an unusual location for most volunteers, so be curious!

Posted

• Boleyn by Boleyn moderator

Indeed, curiosity pays: I just found the fourth one 😃

Posted

• ChimpMods by ChimpMods

Party Chimp #5 is here, so you know it's about to cRaAazZy!

Okay, maybe just a little silly. 😃 Either way, the party continues into this week with the arrival of our 5th party chimp!

Who just arrived?

Party chimp #5:
    Party Chimp 5

Keep an eye out for these Party Chimps around the boards (and the ones on this page don't count!). If you see one, make note of where you found them. More are on the way, and at the end of next week, you can submit all 10 locations for your chance to win! Have fun!

Posted

I found the 5th one.

Posted

• ChimpMods by ChimpMods in response to jurassicworld's comment.

Wow, well done! Remember to keep it a secret. 😉 Stay tuned for the rest this week!

Posted

• ChimpMods by ChimpMods

Keep an eye on sneaky Party Chimp #6!

You never know what this one will do next, or where he'll be hiding out...

Who just arrived?

Party chimp #6:
    Party Chimp 6

Posted

• zoogirl1 by zoogirl1

I found one that does not seem to be in the list (yet?) does it count?

Posted

• zoogirl1 by zoogirl1

Just got answered

Posted

• ksigler by ksigler moderator in response to zoogirl1's comment.

Glad you got your answer. For the record, if it's one of the ten that end up on this list (all 10 will be revealed by Friday), then yes, it counts. Hopefully we don't have any uninvited guests crashing the party. 😃

Posted

• ChimpMods by ChimpMods

Bearing gifts and balloons, it's 2x the fun today! See if you can find where these adorable twin chimps are hanging out on the boards.

Who just arrived?

Party chimp #7: Party Chimp 7 Party chimp #8:
    Party Chimp 9

Keep an eye out for these guys around Talk (and the ones on this page don't count!). If you see one, make note of where you found them. More of their friends are on the way, and at the end of next week, you can submit all 10 locations for your chance to win! Have fun!

Posted

• zoogirl1 by zoogirl1

Where do i find the current count of party chimps? Found this post from 6 days ago but I have found 6 so far.

Posted

• zoogirl1 by zoogirl1

it changes every time I ask a question. Just got updated again.

Posted

Oh, I see. It sounds like maybe your browser is showing you older versions of this page. That happens in Talk sometimes. Clicking refresh (or posting, as you found out) should ensure that you're seeing the most updated version. 😃

Posted

• zoogirl1 by zoogirl1

I found 8!

Posted

Good, then you're right on track! 😃

Posted

• mutiertespinne by mutiertespinne

Can't seem to find # 6 but I feel like I have read the whole discussion board. I did not lose hope yet, though.

Posted

• AnLand by AnLand moderator in response to mutiertespinne's comment.

Hi @mutiertespinne,

please keep in mind that all open discussion boards might be a hiding place. 😃

Posted

• zoogirl1 by zoogirl1

I am posting this so it updates the page

Posted

• Boleyn by Boleyn moderator in response to zoogirl1's comment.

@zoogirl1 you can refresh the page also by clicking on the round arrow in your browser or by pressing F5 😃

Posted

• zoogirl1 by zoogirl1

I tried that, didn't work. I have found 9 so far without seeing it posted. Is the 10th out already?

Posted

@zoogirl1, I have the same problems. I need to refresh the page repeatedly before something happens.

Posted

• ChimpMods by ChimpMods

The cake is here, and so is Party Chimp #9!

He says he baked it himself, but we have our doubts!

Who just arrived?

Party Chimp #9: Party Chimp 9

Keep an eye out for these guys around Talk (and the ones on this page don't count!). If you see one, make note of where you found them and submit all 10 locations for your chance to win a t-shirt! We're waiting on one more...

Posted

• ChimpMods by ChimpMods

Hahah, glad to see everyone so eager to play along! Thanks for your patience while we get things posted. One more to go.... we can't say when, that wouldn't be fair, but check back later today... 😃

Posted

• ChimpMods by ChimpMods

Fashionably late but always fashionable, Party Chimp #10 has arrived!

Just in time to blow out the candle and make a wish for the fun and excitement to continue this year at C&S. We couldn't have done it without you, and we hope you've enjoyed celebrating our success as much as we have!

Who just arrived?

Party chimp #10: Party chimp 10

Now, if you've been playing along, you'll want to know where to submit your answers for the contest. After you've found all 10 of the party chimps listed in this thread, click the link below (also in the first post of this thread) and follow the instructions to fill out the form. Good luck!

Submit your answers here!

Posted

Thank you, @ksigler for setting up the chimp party, designing the party chimps, and hiding them so good that I did not find No. 7 and 10 until now (but I cannot submit answers anyway)!!! Did you find them all?

Please submit your answers here: http://cands.polldaddy.com/s/party-chimps

Posted

I just submitted the answers at the link. I hope I wasn't to late :\

Posted

• Orohena by Orohena

I found all of them and submitted few minutes ago. Let's hope that I copy the links correctly !

Posted

• zoogirl1 by zoogirl1

i submitted. hope they're right

Posted

• zoogirl1 by zoogirl1

certainly found a lot of interesting stuff while looking!

Posted

• ksigler by ksigler moderator

Thanks to all who have submitted answers so far! If you haven't submitted yet, it's not too late. 😃

I hope everyone has had fun exploring talk in search of the party chimps. Keep an eye on your messages (in your profile, or the little envelope in the upper right corner of the screen here) and email for any notifications.

Posted

• hoothoot by hoothoot

I just submitted....phew, and I thought the link would be already closed ! 😄
    #9 was quite a tough one !

Posted

• ChimpMods by ChimpMods

Update: We have 5 winners! While their information is being confirmed, you may still submit your answers in case alternates are needed. After all winners are confirmed, the submission form will close and the correct locations will be posted for everyone. Thanks for playing everyone!!!

Posted

• Boleyn by Boleyn moderator

♫ la-lala-la-la ♫ I won a T-shirt!! :D

Posted

• hoothoot by hoothoot

Me too 😄 !!! so happy

Posted

• ChimpMods by ChimpMods

Update: We have our 5 winners! Congratulations to volunteers @Orohena , @jurassicworld , @Boleyn , @zoogirl1 , and @hoothoot !!

If you weren't able to find all those silly party chimps, here's where they were hiding:

1 Party chimp 1: List of Official Tags/Keyword Collections 2 Party chimp 2: German-language FAQ

3 Party chimp 3: Identifying Ruminants
    4 Party chimp 4: Links for identification

5 Party chimp 5: English-language FAQ 6 Party chimp 6: Dawn Bird Prospective/Known Chimps

7 Party chimp 7: Animal Selfies 8 Party chimp 8: Restless Star Prospective/Known Chimps

9 Party chimp 9: Master List of chimp and other animal names 10 Party chimp 10: Scientist Introductions

Thanks to all who participated, we hope you had fun celebrating with us!

Posted

• PauDG by PauDG scientist, moderator

Congratulations winners!!!!

Posted