Chimp & See Talk

Inserting outside images into discussion

• zoogirl1 by zoogirl1

I was wondering how you might be able to take a jpeg image from your own computer and insert it into one of these discussions?

I started a chat about chimp facial variations by geography. There was interest in the source of the information for use in identifying origin of chimps that may be in zoos, etc. and are being released. They want to put them into corrrect location or just identify from where they came. I have a photo of the different faces based on location (Western, Eastern, Central and Bonobo). I thought if I entered at least the faces here it would help.

Thanks

@zoogirl1

Posted

• ksigler by ksigler moderator in response to zoogirl1's comment.

You'll have to upload it to the internet somewhere... Google Drive, OneDrive, DropBox, Imgur, or something like that. Then use the link to it here the same way we post still shots from the video clips.

P.S. Where was that post about the facial variations? I'm interested in that topic, also, but didn't see it.

Posted

• zoogirl1 by zoogirl1 in response to ksigler's comment.

The post is in General Discussions - Chimp Geographic Variations - about 20 days ago.

Here is the link to the image:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B30S34nQ6uFSejhHalM2bmo3SXc

Posted

• AnLand by AnLand moderator in response to zoogirl1's comment.

Hi @zoogirl1,

that is indeed interesting. I think you should just post your image into the discussion you mentioned (best with indicating the resource from where you have it). For this you are just taking your link and insert the link in the little window that opens when you click the image icon (sixth icon from left on the toolbar here displayed below). The same as you would do with a screenshot.

enter image description here

Thanks a lot!

Posted

• zoogirl1 by zoogirl1 in response to AnLand's comment.

Done!

Posted