Chimp & See Talk

Hello from Chicago and Thank You for the opportunity!!!

• ppgiron by ppgiron

I was directed to your site by Laura Kehoe's article in Scientific American and within 20 minutes, I spotted a Chimpanzee - what a rush! 30 minutes ago, I was reading an article about a study happening somewhere around the world with some tantalizing hypothesis. Now, after participating in Chipandsee, I feel invested and I care about the study and the outcome of the Chimps. The opportunity to become a "citizen scientist" is much more important than the pragmatic goals of crowd sourcing a mountain of footage. You are helping people feel more connected and therefore responsible for the subjects of your study. I suspect you already know this, but I thought I would confirm from a user's perspective, the experience.

Kind regards,

Paul

Posted

• MimiA by MimiA scientist, moderator

HI Paul! Wow! thank you for posting and thank you for these kind words! I am happy to hear you like chimp&see already!

Please stick around in Talk and always feel very free to ask any questions if you have any! We have the best moderators in the zooniverse and a science team eager to answer questions too and help in any way they can 😃

The citizen scientists here humble me every day with their amazing insights and dedication - welcome to the chimp&see community!

Posted