Chimp & See Talk

snake?

• tina_pixie_ by tina_pixie_

Not sure what is the "light" thing, does not seem like a bug.

Is this a folded snake in the middle, or just a funny piece of wood?

Posted

• jwidness by jwidness moderator

The light thing looks like a spider to me. The middle seems to be filled with leaf litter of various sorts, I don't see a snake in it.

Posted

Good sign I should go and do my pending work, started hallucinating 😄

Posted

Sorry to bother, what about this one...... Image ACP0007jls

Posted

• jwidness by jwidness moderator

No bother! I'm afraid I don't see a snake in that one either -- I might have missed it though, what area of the video are you looking at?

Posted

Bottom of the tree...no worries, I may be imagining. Under magnifying glass it looked like slightly moving, but it might be a game of light and shape producing optical illusion.

I came to a conclusion myself that the shape and the pattern just remind me of the vipers in my surrounding, so my eye probably reacts on it.

Posted

Is the set of videos sorted in alphabetical order (following each other in the continuous time sequence?)

I watched these videos in order from "zrk" until "zrv" and now I am very confused about the snake shape. It is visible in "k" and "m", (and I think there is a frog at "zrs")

Posted

• yshish by yshish moderator in response to tina_pixie_'s comment.

Usually the videos are ordered 'alphabetically' (using both letters and numbers) but the current data set is not ordered 'rigorously' that way. If you want to see the previous/following video, you have to search for it by trying individual combinations. Sometimes it takes a while.

Posted

• ksigler by ksigler moderator in response to tina_pixie_'s comment.

I don't see the snake or the frog. 😦 In these low-res videos, there seem to be things moving all over the place. Usually just a technical issue. But it's good that you're looking so closely. That's how you'll see a snake, when there is one! Snakes move very slowly, or not at all, and can be on the ground or in trees. Plus, in the night time videos, you'll usually see eyeshine, from one or both eyes. Same with frogs, but they also blink sometimes, which really helps spot them. Keep looking!

Posted