Chimp & See Talk

chimp limping

• luca-chimp by luca-chimp

The first chimp of the group, which is walking out of the sequence, is he/she limping? For me it seems, that the chimp has a scar? at the inner side oft the left arm
    enter image description here

Posted

• ksigler by ksigler moderator in response to luca-chimp's comment.

Hi, @luca-chimp ! Hard to say about the limp, because the slope is quite steep and irregular. It does look like a limp in the first few steps, but it could just be navigating the terrain, ducking under the branch, etc. As it gets closer to the camera, the gait seems more normal to me.

You're right, the left inner arm does have a prominent light streak. I don't know if it's a scar. Most chimps have a natural part in the hair of the inner arm, and the size and appearance of it can be very distinctive, as you noticed. This is probably a good candidate for matching over on the restless star board, if you'd like to give a go at describing all the features. 😃

Posted

Btw, please take a look at how I tagged this clip. The site name, #restlessstar , should not have the hyphen, and we try to use #vocalization rather than vocalizing. Just so you know for the future, though you can also edit your tags if you choose. Thanks for all your great help! 😃

Posted

Thanks, I will change the taggings ... so much to learn theese first days 😃. I'm not sure if I'm able to describe the features all in a right way. As English is not my first language, I'm just learn "chimpish" terminology ... but I will try.

Posted

No pressure! Just thought you might want to try. We're all here to help, if needed. 😃

This post has a sort of checklist of things to look at: https://talk.chimpandsee.org/#/boards/BCP0000001/discussions/DCP000084r

Posted

@ksigler ... Question: I tried to get used with the site where prospective chimps are documented: https://talk.chimpandsee.org/#/boards/BCP000000q/discussions/DCP0000slq
    But I think, this site is closed? Where did you thought of trying to describe the chimp in "restless star board"?

Posted

• jwidness by jwidness moderator

You linked to the post of the prospective chimps for restless star (which is locked and only modified by the science moderator). What you want is the restless star board.

Posted

Ah, okay ... gosh ... it is slightly difficult to walk to this "jungle" 😃 Thank so much for all your helping hands!!

Posted