Chimp & See Talk

??

• lesleylupo by lesleylupo

Okay, they are cute, I'll admit it. But I am ready to pull out all my hair because this creatures are the only thing I have seen for the last 30 minutes...

😒

Lesley

Posted

• Snorticus by Snorticus in response to lesleylupo's comment.

Hi Lesley, If it makes you feel somewhat better I've classified a whole bunch of them too. These rascals trigger the camera a lot but chimp & see scientists need a count of these guys to figure out the animal population in the chimp's territory, so still helpful info!

Posted

• ksigler by ksigler moderator

Hahah, definitely something we all go through! If it helps make it more exciting, don't forget to keep an eye out for unique characteristics on each duiker (or any other animal). If we spot the same one in more than one scene (needs to be a different day/time or different location), or sometimes if one is just really special in some way, we name them like we do the chimps!

See the unique non-chimp individuals we've found so far in this post.

It's not a research priority, so you don't have to do it. It's just a pastime of sorts, in case you get bored while classifying. 😃

Posted

• luca-chimp by luca-chimp

😎 There ARE days, I like them very much ...

Posted

• MimiA by MimiA scientist, moderator

this is a great video! good catch! I know duikers arent super thrilling but it is a sign that the forest is a safe place for them at least 😃

Posted

• yshish by yshish moderator

I actually love their videos 😃 No matter how frequently. They are just incredibly cute as they do their tail movements 😄 So adorable creatures!!

Posted

• jwidness by jwidness moderator

This particular duiker has a huge chunk missing from the right ear, maybe we can find it again.

Posted

• ksigler by ksigler moderator in response to jwidness's comment.

Good eye, @jwidness ! I'll be keeping an eye out for that now! Love the coloration on this one, as well.

Posted