Chimp & See Talk

Researcher singing a song.

• jurassicworld by jurassicworld

Does anyone know the song this person's singing, or the lyrics? Is it in English or is it another language?

Posted

• MimiA by MimiA scientist, moderator

ha! I'm gonna ask around 😉

Posted

• ksigler by ksigler moderator

Hahah, that's The Kooks! Cool find. The song is called Seaside. 😄 On YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H2qnPjfufJ8

Posted

• jurassicworld by jurassicworld in response to ksigler's comment.

The tune sounds a little different, are you sure it's the same song?

Posted

• ksigler by ksigler moderator in response to jurassicworld's comment.

Yeah, maybe her rendition is slightly different. 😃 She's singing the part where it goes, "...not trying to say, that everybody wants to go. I fell in love at the seaside..."

Posted

• jurassicworld by jurassicworld

I listened to the song again, and I heard that part. I don't know why she's singing that, I wouldn't think a band like The Kooks would be known outside of Europe.

Posted

• ksigler by ksigler moderator in response to jurassicworld's comment.

Well, field team members can come from all over, and just travel to the research sites when it's time to work. And there's always the internet. 😃

Posted

Wow @ksigler! I asked our site manager and she confirmed it was Seaside by the Kooks!

She wrote "Haha that's me 😛 There should be more of those... lol I got bored alone with the cameras!!"

Posted

• ksigler by ksigler moderator in response to MimiA's comment.

Cool, we'll have to keep an ear out for more! I enjoy these clips that reveal a little about the personalities of the field teams. 😃 Building a collection here.

Posted

thanks!!

Posted

• Orohena by Orohena

I think I found a new video where she was bored 😃
    ACP000emif

Posted

😄

Posted

• Batfan by Batfan in response to MimiA's comment.

.... or perhaps just happy in her work ? I know I would be if I'd got her job!

Posted

best comment ever 😉

Posted