Chimp & See Talk

Injured duiker

• jurassicworld by jurassicworld

This duiker looks like it's got a limp, has it turned up in any other videos?

Also, it would be great if someone could find the video from the camera in front of it, so we can have a closer look.

Posted

• jwidness by jwidness moderator

The video before it is ACP000bvz6, but I can't tell if it's limping, or just having trouble on the steep slope

Posted

• cravingkiwi by cravingkiwi

ACP000fe38 Here is another video with a duiker that looks like it's having problems with the back left leg.

Posted

• MimiA by MimiA scientist, moderator

Thanks @cravingkiwi!
    Its hard to tell in that video too though if its just some tough terrain needing a hop or if there is really something wrong. But great to point it out and discuss it 😃

Posted

• AnLand by AnLand moderator

Yes, the duiker is missing the left hindlimb and was already seen several times before. We already wondered here in ACP000fdhl whether we could name? @MimiA, what do you think? (Please see the comments in this video.)

Posted

For some reason I can't play back ACP000fe38 anymore but if you are sure its the same injury then yes go ahead and give a name - I guess naming goes to @Batfan 😃

Posted

• Boleyn by Boleyn moderator

@Batfan proposed the name in the comments to video ACP000fdhl. I post it here just in case to not lose it 😃:

"Trying to avoid the more obvious names for an animal with 3 legs, such as Hopalong, what do you think about Tatu - (Swahili for 3)?"

Posted

• zoogirl1 by zoogirl1

Just to be clear --- the duiker in this video has 4 legs. Back one is somehow injured causing the limp..

Posted

• AnLand by AnLand moderator in response to zoogirl1's comment.

Hi @zoogirl1,

yes, we are not talking about the linked video here, but about ACP000fe38 and ACP000fdhl (and others) that show - at Aged Violet - a duiker with part of its left hindlimb missing.

@MimiA, here is the tag group collection: https://talk.chimpandsee.org/#/collections/CCPL00016j for the Master list of animal names.

Posted

updated - thanks!

Posted

• AnLand by AnLand moderator in response to MimiA's comment.

Thank you!

Posted