Chimp & See Talk

General questions

• squish5 by squish5

Just looking for some help please with a few quick questions..

Should we tag carrying_young for other species when the young are just present?

Is the # system case sensitive? will #AgedViolet = #agedviolet?

If we make a mistake which is corrected, should we then edit the original post to fix the error??

How do you know if you kinda suck at this project and should maybe try counting penguins??

Posted

• AnLand by AnLand moderator

Hi @squish5,

Here some short answers to your questions

Should we tag carrying_young for other species when the young are just present?

-> No, please only code "carrying_young" if the infant is actually carried.

Is the # system case sensitive? will #AgedViolet = #agedviolet?

-> No, it’s not case-sensitive for the tag group collections. Both versions are fine.

If we make a mistake which is corrected, should we then edit the original post to fix the error??

-> Yes, please correct wrong tags. If you do not correct them, we might need to delete them later. You can also delete the original comment and write a new – correct – one. It’s up to you. (This is only valid for comments on videos. Discussion posts will not be monitored like that, so you don't need to go back. This latter issue can get confusing.)

How do you know if you kinda suck at this project and should maybe try counting penguins??

-> I am very sure that you are doing well in the project. If you have any questions, please ask us at any time. But, of course, counting penguins can be a lot if fun as well!

We’re very happy to have you here!

Posted

• squish5 by squish5

Thanks very much for getting back to me and clearing things up..
    Really enjoying the project, great to see an alternative approach .
    Cheers.

Posted

• Boleyn by Boleyn moderator in response to squish5's comment.

Hi @squish, great to have you around. Just let me add one remark to your last questions.

I have been counting penguins: Once. Then I got bored 😉
    My initial project was Snapshot Serengeti, until they run out of images (season 7 or 8 ) - then I discovered Chimpandsee - and since then I'm stuck with it. I think it's roughly two years now. There is just no better project if you like animals!!

In the very unlikely case you should get bored, go on vacation 😉 😄

Posted

• MimiA by MimiA scientist, moderator

Hi @squish5 - a big welcome from the science team!

so far no one sucks at this project so I am sure you won't either! Like everyone said so far, the mods are here to answer all your questions so ask away 😃

Posted

• squish5 by squish5 in response to Boleyn's comment.

Hi @Boleyn, it's one of the better projects alright. I've always had an interest in animals but over the few weeks I've been on this project, I find myself checking Google out constantly and just bought a book written by a woman I've never even heard of. Great opportunity. P.S. no vacation planned for a while 😃

Posted

• squish5 by squish5 in response to MimiA's comment.

Hi @MimiA, everyone has been very helpful. Really enjoying it. Thanks again.

Posted

• Boleyn by Boleyn moderator in response to squish5's comment.

LOL - so you have enough material at hand and reason to stay here for a long time 😄 😉

Posted

• MimiA by MimiA scientist, moderator in response to squish5's comment.

Happy to have you here 😃 !!

Posted

• puddock by puddock

Welcome @squish5 - everyone is very friendly and helpful here 😃

Posted

• squish5 by squish5

Thanks guys 😃

Posted