Chimp & See Talk

help classifying a different type of animal

• zach_fortuna13 by zach_fortuna13

In this video I could clear identify and classify one of the animals, but I couldn't exactly tell what the the other animal out of camera shot was so I didn't mark another animal. Can someone please help? or advise me on what to do for next time?

Posted

• Boleyn by Boleyn moderator

Hi @zach_fortuna13

The first thing you can do is to check the comments below the video. In this case you can see that MollieKemp already marked two different animals and added multispieces as well. So you do not need to do anything else with this video except for maybe think why this creature with the flapping tail is not a red_duiker as indicated but a small_grey_duiker. 😄

When there are no comments yet and there are two different animals, just add the # for the animal you know and the location tag (e.g. #agedviolet) and shortly describe what you think that there addionally might be and add a tag #need_ID in a separate comment. When there's an answer you can go and just delete the need_ID comment without further comment. Check the "follow" button on the top right of the screen so you can find these videos again in the "Following" menu.

Of couse this same routine is applicable also for videos with only one type of animal that you do not recognise 😃

Hope that helped. And now enjoy this awesome project!!

Posted

• MimiA by MimiA scientist, moderator

Hi - it never hurts to retag a video to confirm it too! then we know there are multiple people confirming the same video 😃

for a list of the official tags that we use, please check out: https://talk.chimpandsee.org/#/boards/BCP0000007/discussions/DCP0000qsg

Posted

Thanks I appreciate the awesome tips

Posted

I was also wondering is it possible to switch to a new location or site?

Posted

• MimiA by MimiA scientist, moderator

The way Chimp&See works is that each video needs to be viewed by up to 15 people in order for it to be retired, once a set of videos are retired, a new set is uploaded. So to get to see another site, we need to work through the videos we have online now. The more people and the more classifications that get done, the more sites we can get through! So tell everyone you know to check us out 😄

You can also search through some of the older videos by looking at the tag groups for those sites ( #quietwood
    #shywaterfall
    #coldsnowflake
    #coolsilence
    #redwater
    #muddyfrost
    #crimsondew
    #lingeringshape
    #drylake
    #dawnbird
    #restlessstar
    #coldfire
    #agedviolet) - you can find the links at the official tag list above 😃