Chimp & See Talk

High contrast clips

• squish5 by squish5

Any tips on these bright videos, I have messed around with contrast settings etc and tried looking at the screen from different angles, any decent software available??

Posted

• Boleyn by Boleyn moderator

Hi @squish5
    I think if you're able to make out any animal at all in these bright videos just take your best guess. As many as up to 15 people are looking at the same clip while classifying hence there will be a decent result for the scientists.

What you can do is to tag the video with a #Need_ID and they'll look into it deeper.

In this case here I would also say Jentink's because of the size and look of the head.

Posted

• squish5 by squish5

Thanks @Boleyn

Posted

• AnLand by AnLand moderator

Hi!

I think that this might be a yellow-backed duiker. For one thing: I cannot see any real horns. We would expect horns in female and male Jentink's duiker. Yellow-backeds sometimes only have very short ones. Second, you can see a bit of a lighter hair tuft on the top of the head that is typical for yellow-backs. Third: Jentink's duiker have not such an even color on the muzzle. The side are a bit lighter. Google it and compare e.g. with ACP0002w3a. (But it's also just a guess from my side. Hope that helps nevertheless.) And yes, yellow-backed duikers are also big-

Posted

• Boleyn by Boleyn moderator

You are right, @AnLand, I've completely forgotten that there are also yellow-backed at this side.

In ACP000gaxi we get a better look at the ears and can see their bright rims and that would also indicate yellow-backed.Maybe it's a younger one, because their seem to be no horns at all or really tiny ones.

Posted

• Batfan by Batfan

Many thanks for your comments - they're very helpful. I wasn't sure which it was (hence the ? rather than a # ) but will hopefully get it right next time.

Posted