Chimp & See Talk

Possible new chimp

• fi-t by fi-t

There's possible new chimp http://talk.chimpandsee.org/#/subjects/ACP00006l4

Though, I am not entirely sure if I posted this to the correct site (mods please help 😃

Posted

• vittoriaestienne by vittoriaestienne scientist, moderator in response to fi-t's comment.

that's the right place! 😃 and this is the first chimp found here, congrats!

Posted

• fi-t by fi-t

😃 Thank you. Do I get to give it a name? 😄

Posted

• DZM by DZM admin in response to fi-t's comment.

It's up to @vittoriaestienne who gets to assign the naming rights as curator of this site! We do need to find a second video of this fellow in order to formally name the chimp.

This one (very good) video is enough for the Prospective chimps page, but we need a second one of the same guy to make it a Known chimp. 😃

Fantastic start, though. Congrats on finding the first chimp here at Cool Silence!

Posted

• vittoriaestienne by vittoriaestienne scientist, moderator in response to fi-t's comment.

The rule is that the person who find a match gives the name to the chimp. For now I included this individual in the thread "Prospective Chimps" at this site, under the temporary code of "CSMale01". On this thread you and other people can compare the individuals that have been already found with other chimps that will be found in other clips.

Since you have been the first to find this individual you can suggest a name for now, but the final name should be decided together with the person who find a match. Makes sense? 😃

Posted

• fi-t by fi-t

Ok 😃 Is the idea that if a certain chimpanzee appears more than once, it is more probably living in that region, and not just passing by? So maybe we can get back to naming when it is found again

Posted

• DZM by DZM admin

Whoa, hang on, guys!

This video is from Quiet Wood 1, not Cool Silence 5.

Wrong board! 😃 You were right in the first place, @fi-t -- this wasn't the right board! :p

@vittoriaestienne -- you should probably pull it off of the prospective chimps page here.

@fi-t -- you can see underneath the video on the object page that the chimp is from Quiet Wood 1. That means he/she will only be found again over there. You should go post about this chimp at the QW1 ID board!

Posted

• fi-t by fi-t

Oh, too bad 😕 Sorry for the trouble. I'll post it to the other board.

Posted

• DZM by DZM admin

No problem! Simple mistake. We're figuring everything out, too. Now you know!

Thanks for posting it over at QW1! 😃

Going to lock this thread for now; @vittoriaestienne -- feel free to unlock it if you need to comment further for any reason!

Posted