Chimp & See Talk

Abile is a boy

• AnLand by AnLand moderator

I've just seen this while tagging the chimp count: Abile is a boy. Seen in ACP00028zm and other videos from that long scene.

enter image description here

Posted

• ksigler by ksigler moderator in response to AnLand's comment.

Wow! Good catch, @Anland ! We've gotten a lot better at observing since way back then.

Posted

• PauDG by PauDG scientist, moderator

great! thanks a lot

We will update the chimps list 😉

Posted

• MimiA by MimiA scientist, moderator

GREAT FIND!

Posted

• jwidness by jwidness moderator

I didn't realize he was listed as female in the known chimps -- @perfecti noted him as male in this discussion

Posted

• AnLand by AnLand moderator in response to jwidness's comment.

Well, Abile is a girl's name. That's why I checked the list. So, we can blame @Quia for the confusion 😉 Sorry, @perfecti, I did not look at all in any of the discussions. I think, @ScottHensieck mentioned also in one video comment that I saw later during tagging that he thinks that it's a boy. I just posted to correct the list. All my fault.

Posted

• jwidness by jwidness moderator

Nobody's fault! And it's good to get it corrected for the official list : )

Out of curiosity, do you know any females named Abile? I didn't really think of it as either a male or female name, but that's just me.

Posted

• AnLand by AnLand moderator

I cannot say why, but for me it's totally a female name. It always has been. I never dealt much with Abile as I wasn't here for the most part of Cool Silence (that's why I tag and enjoy watching the videos now). But I thought always about him as a girl. So, I have been irritated when recognizing that the little one is actually - and without any doubt - a boy.

Posted