Chimp & See Talk

question about Elisa

• AnLand by AnLand moderator

As there is some tagging activity by the science team in Cool Silence, I would like to ask to look again into Elisa. Her ear damages bother me a lot. There are more videos from her, but here the ones with some clear footage that let me question the overall match. (Parts might be OK, of course.)

Tag group for Elisa

In ACP00021n1 - I guessed it was assumed that she is pregnant here - is her left ear damaged with a clear cut, while the right is OK.

enter image description here

In ACP0002jmu - also without her infant - the right ear is clearly damaged and the left might be too.

In ACP00024y2 - now with a young infant - her left ear looks totally normal and I'm not even sure whether the right is in any way deformed.

Posted

Maybe to add the time stamp here for ACP0002jmu (as it's hard to see) it's September 12, 2013 11:27:00 according to the spreadsheet. In June she is already seen with an infant.

Posted

• MimiA by MimiA scientist, moderator

Hey @AnLand, Paula will be back mid December, please remind her again about this when she is back 😃

Posted

• MimiA by MimiA scientist, moderator

I agree with you about that ear damage, doesnt match across videos, good find!

Posted

• NuriaM by NuriaM scientist, moderator

Hi @Anland, I absolutely agree with you about the ears...I think it´s worth it to have a deep look into Elisa´s collecition. Give me just some time and I will help. Anyway, I would love that Paula checks it as well when she returns. Well done Anja 😃

Posted

hmmm...this is veeeery tricky. These ladie´s ears seem to change constantly 😃
    I have made a table in order to organize my thoughts a bit...maybe it helps us make a decision about Shani and Elisa. Please add, comment, change anything that you like:

SHANI´S EARS

VIDEO / RIGHT / LEFT

ACP00021y8 : damaged? / ?

ACP00024pm : undamaged / undamaged

ACP00026g1 (series) : undamaged / undamaged

ACP00027rd (series) : ? / U-cut on the side/top

ACP00028ip : undamaged? / undamaged?

ACP0002a6y : undamaged / undamaged

ACP0002ano : small cut on top / damaged (seen in ACP0002ann )

ACP0002j44 (series) : top part missing / ?

ELISA´S EARS

VIDEO / RIGHT / LEFT

ACP00021lt : ? / ? (looks undamaged but unclear)

ACP00021n1 : undamaged / U-cut on the side/top

ACP00024pd : undamaged? / ?

ACP00024ru : undamaged? / ?

ACP00024y2 : undamaged / undamaged

ACP00027ly : undamaged / ?

ACP00027lz : undamaged / undamaged

ACP0002j3g : damaged ? / ?

ACP0002jmu : damaged (U-cut top) / damaged

Posted

Thanks a lot, @NuriaM! That's very helpful. I will sort my thoughts a bit more and post here or in separate thread some ideas.

Posted

Shani/Elisa´s videos:

GROUP 1:

ACP0002ano : small cut on top / damaged (seen in ACP0002ann )

ACP0002jmu : damaged (U-cut top) / damaged

Posted