Chimp & See Talk

Alexis and Abile?

• AnLand by AnLand moderator

If it is not too late, I would like to say that I have some doubt about the assignment of these chimps in ACP00027zw as Alexis and Abile. It's a longer sequence and I have it for quite some time on my watch list. My main reason is that this infant here is still quite small and "covers" barely half its mom's back. Abile is already a bigger infant and covers most of Alexis back and can look over her shoulders. Compare e.g. here in ACP00026kj just a month later.

Female with infant here

enter image description here

Alexis with Abile

I also think that this female here is a bit more robust and has something whitish at her muzzle. I did not see this in Alexis. Last but not least, her back is a bit grayish, while Alexis is very dark.

Posted

• NuriaM by NuriaM scientist, moderator in response to AnLand's comment.

Absolutely! this infant is smaller. You are right. And the female´s back is certainly lighter than Alexis´ .These are the clips to be edited, please tell me if you have found more...THANKS!!

ACP00027zw ; ACP00027zx ; ACP00027zy ; ACP00027zz ; ACP00027zo ; ACP00027zp ; ACP00027zq and ACP00027zr .

(I have already removed my tags, but please note that these videos: ACP00027zo , ACP00027zp and ACP00027zr are going to need a #needCID tag after you remove yours 😃 )

Posted

• AnLand by AnLand moderator in response to NuriaM's comment.

I removed my tags and added #needCID in the videos you listed above. Will check back later whether we got everything.

Posted

• NuriaM by NuriaM scientist, moderator

😃

Posted