Chimp & See Talk

**Possible match to Sita (and Nini)?

• AnLand by AnLand moderator

I am wondering whether these videos show Sita again. Sita is not actually matched, by only seen in one continuous sequence.

She might also be the female in these videos:

12 ACP000273q 0033_0 ACP000273r 0033_15 (she is carrying a quite big ventral infant and has the same camera reaction as Sita had)

14 ACP00027ds 0044_0 ACP00027dt 0044_15 (in the center, an infant of comparable size is around in the first video, no actual camera reaction)

enter image description here

This female is very bald, has a barrel-like upper body and skinny legs. The eye brows are arched, but not prominently protruded as the side views show. The nostrils have a hawkish appearance that is reversed by a very rounded muzzle. Her rectangular face is irregularly colored with pinkish pigments around the eyes and at the upper part of the muzzle. These coloration differences can also be seen in the black-and-white footage.

Most notable are the irregular formed ears. The left one is probably just a bit strangely grown; the right one is seriously deformed (maybe even cut).

The roundish swelling is not protruded.

Posted

• NuriaM by NuriaM scientist, moderator in response to AnLand's comment.

Thanks Anja,

They really look like Sita and Nini...I can´t see Sita´s deformed right ear in ACP00027ds / t , but I can see that there is something wrong in it though 😕

let´s see what others think.

Posted

• Buzharevski by Buzharevski scientist, moderator

I don't see any problem with the ears. Also I think Sitas face on the colored videos is longer than compared to the female on the black and white videos.

Posted