Chimp & See Talk

Two females carrying young

• glashelder by glashelder

Second pair is hiding behind a tree, then comes out when first female goes off camera.

ACP0003g6i

one

one

Posted

• starrypawz by starrypawz

I just found this clip myself. The first female seems to have a distinctive grey patch on her back?

Posted

• northernlimitptv by northernlimitptv scientist, moderator

You're right, and grey down the leg too! This should be helpful in IDing this older female!

Posted

• AnLand by AnLand moderator

Is the second one #Ada ? (very gray legs) - unfortunately the other videos (ACP0003dz3, ACP0003dz4, ACP0003dz5) do not have a time stamps to compare. Here she is carrying a smaller baby than #Ilo in the other ones.

Posted

• AnLand by AnLand moderator

In close comparison: the legs are much more gray (also from behind) in this video than in the other ones when the young seems to be older. Like here: ACP00037nr

Posted

• vestigial by vestigial

I don't think it's Ada. This female's legs are gray on the inside and the outside of the legs. She seems to be pretty gray all over her legs and a good portion of her back. Maybe she's a lovely lady we haven't seen before.

Posted

• PauDG by PauDG scientist, moderator

look at this video @vestigial, http://talk.chimpandsee.org/#/subjects/ACP0002r9n

Posted

• vestigial by vestigial

Yeah, I think ACP002r9n could be Ada. I don't think it's Ada in ACP0003g6i because the insides of the legs on this female seem really gray and the insides of Ada's legs aren't uniformly gray like that. I could be wrong because sunlight and shadows can mess with the image. Plus the female in ACP0003g6i seems more gray all the way down her back.

Posted

yes, is difficult with the different light and the distance

Posted

• vestigial by vestigial

http://talk.chimpandsee.org/#/subjects/ACP0002woc
    http://talk.chimpandsee.org/#/subjects/ACP0002wob

What about this one for the female with the gray back and legs? She seems to have a lot of gray on her back and the insides and outsides of her legs. She's balding like the chimp in this ACP0003g6i. She could be a candidate though the chimp in ACP0003g6i is kind of far away from the camera.

Posted

• ksigler by ksigler moderator

I believe that the younger mother and infant in this sequence are #RWFem06 and #RWInf06. Their sequence, as posted on the prospective list, came just 5 minutes earlier. Is it possible that they just circled around and came back to the same log within 5 minutes? The mother in both clips is youngish, with a straight brow and gray chin, carrying an infant underneath her chest.

RWx06's, ACP0003g70, ACP0003g71, ACP0003g72:

RWFem06 and RWInf06 RWFem06 and RWInf06

From the original sequence in this thread, ACP0003g6g, ACP0003g6h, ACP0003g6i, ACP0003g6j:

Female with young

Posted

Hi @ksigler, yes is totally possible, and I think they are the same, but we need to be able to identify them in a different sequence....let´s see if we can. Thanks a lot and good job!

Posted

• ksigler by ksigler moderator

Yes, of course! Just trying to consolidate so we aren't treating them as a separate pair to ID. Thanks!

Posted

😃

Posted