Chimp & See Talk

ACP00030wl – Young chimp sits down at tool stone

• Devilstower by Devilstower

ACP00030wl

Young chimp sits at tool stone. Seems to be waiting on adult approaching in background. Though young, this appears to be a different chimp than in previous tool use shots at this site.

Posted

• Boleyn by Boleyn moderator

there are two chimps in the background, but you can barely see them.

Posted

• MimiA by MimiA scientist, moderator

Ive added him/her to the prospect list

Posted

• PauDG by PauDG scientist, moderator

The first one is RWJuv6.
    Your sequence ksigler, is from Cool Silence 5.
    Thanks!

Posted

• AnLand by AnLand moderator in response to PauDG's comment.

RWJuv06 is Olga, right? (I reviewed our earlier conversation, but I am not sure whether this was actually agreed ... http://talk.chimpandsee.org/#/boards/BCP000000h/discussions/DCP00002aj)

Posted

• ksigler by ksigler moderator in response to PauDG's comment.

Ahh, details! I'm going to remove my post to eliminate any confusion. Thank you!!

Posted

Hi AnLand,
    no, I am not sure that RWJuv06 is Olga

Posted

Ok, I am now really confused as you wrote 12 days ago when I posted two possible matches: the first one is ok (= RWJuv06), the second one is not ok and I should remove that posting about the second one. I did - and you confirmed the second one later as Olga. Could you please look into that again? (Link to the discussion is above in my previous post.)

Posted

Hi AnLand

to merge two threads I want to be sure that we are talking about the same chimp...so if I told you to delete one video the other day it was because in that moment we were not sure about this chimp was Olga. So is better to talk about only one chimp in each thread in order to merge later the discussions.

And the other one you asked me about it was ACP00036er, right? that is not RWJuv06.

RWJuv06 is http://talk.chimpandsee.org/#/subjects/ACP00030wl and http://talk.chimpandsee.org/#/subjects/ACP00030wm, and also have noted that she could be Olga because they seems a lot, but one again, we have to be sure about that. I can go with this right now, but until now, we have not said that RWJuv06 is Olga (as far as I know, and maybe I am wrong because there are a lot of videos and chimps)

Posted

Hi PauDG,

I agree that it is really, really difficult with the discussion boards. And I am really sorry for bothering you with this.

But no, I did ask about ACP00030wl and ACP00030wm (so RWJuv06) as the other one ( ACP00036er etc.) was already agreed about (in fact, it was your suggestion after my intial matching proposal to add this scene of her sitting on the tree).

I am absolutely ok, if you say RWJuv06 is not Olga (despite I believe this, of course!). And yes, I think there was a misunderstanding, because I asked you exactly this. That was what my post was about. (And the other one with a different chimp I deleted on your request.)

If you want, I can just delete these postings in the "Olga" thread to get the discussion clearer.

Posted

Hi, I am still not sure, what to do here. The thread http://talk.chimpandsee.org/#/boards/BCP000000h/discussions/DCP00002aj still agrees with my suggestion that RWJuv06 is Olga, but I can delete that if it is not and this was a misunderstanding.

Posted

Hi AnLand,

I have watched some times more the video from the RWJuv06, and all I could find are resemblances, so we are going to say that is Olga, yes.

Posted

Ok, I am officially very happy. (Sorry for being such a pain. Any answer would have been fine, I was just looking for an answer at all.) Thank you very much!

Posted

Yes, very sorry for the delay, a lot of threads... 😃

Posted

No problem. I would not want to have your job in this to keep every single piece of information together. I can concentrate on the chimps I really care about. 😉

Posted