Chimp & See Talk

Is this chimp already identified?

• Jjuju by Jjuju

Posted

• DataDroid by DataDroid moderator

These appear to be Ada and Ilo -- good find!

Posted

• AnLand by AnLand moderator

Would be great. Also the older juvenile that we saw here: ACP0002r9n is there (on the left site, also in the next sequence here: ACP0003bkm) - but not really identifiable.

Here 15 minutes earlier another juvenile ACP0003bju - hard to say whether it is one we see later. In my opinion this here looks a little bit smaller than the one at 2 p.m.

Posted

Another one: ACP0003bkp, ACP0003bkr - nothing to get identification done.

Posted

• Aqua_Fairy by Aqua_Fairy

I don't agree that this is Ada in this video. The adult chimp here has a cut or deformation on the upperpart of her right ear wich Ada doesn't have.

Posted

Agreed with the ear, it looks like a deformation. Swelling looks also bigger, but is neither here nor with Ada well visible. I think, Ada's is quite small.

Posted

• DataDroid by DataDroid moderator

Well, Ada and this chimp both have a dark face with a light mark or bald spot (hard to tell with video compression) on the forehead, hence my identification.

Posted

• vestigial by vestigial

Swelling aren't always a good way to tell unless the timestamps on the videos are very close. They expand and contract with estrus (and get saggy and wrinkly over time for the poor ladies).

Posted

• PauDG by PauDG scientist, moderator

Hi all,
    Yes, Ada has not this cut in her ear...

Posted