Chimp & See Talk

Female juvenile

• MingMing by MingMing

Female juvenile
    You can see her face very good as she looks into the camera and her buttocks as she turns away. I think this one doesn't match with the two prospective juveniles.
    http://talk.chimpandsee.org/#/subjects/ACP0003vho

Posted

• AnLand by AnLand moderator

She is accompanied by an adult carrying a baby in front
    ACP0003vhp
    ACP0003vhq

Two chimps with baby

Posted

• MingMing by MingMing

In that case it could be MF7Fem01/Inf01. What do you think?

Posted

• NuriaM by NuriaM scientist, moderator

I added it to the prospective chimps list as MF7Juv03. But the other two (fem and inf. )are definitely too far away to determine 😉

Posted

• MingMing by MingMing

Could this be the same chimp? It's hard to tell since it's at night and not too close to the camera, but I feel the eyebrows look very similar...
    http://talk.chimpandsee.org/#/subjects/ACP000482a

Posted

Hi @MingMing, thank you for your find. For the moment don´t focus on matching, unless it´s a CLEAR match...this one is too far away to tell for sure. Thanks!

Posted

• jwidness by jwidness moderator

I'm wondering if MF7Juv03 is a match to Inf06/15/18 -- she's got the same curl to her ear, and although she looks bigger, this video is from 11/2013 and the other ones were earlier.

Posted

• AnLand by AnLand moderator in response to jwidness's comment.

I think, she looks much bigger. Also, the female in this sequence seems to have a more narrow face and she is carrying a baby (that is exactly the question I asked yesterday - whether and when there could be a younger sibling if we are talking about MF7Inf06 that is still carried by her mother.)

Posted

MF7Juv03:

one

Zelda (MF7Inf06/15/18)

one one

Posted

Zelda is an infant-juvenile, she mus be between 5 and 6 years old. MF7Juv03 must be around 8...

Posted