Chimp & See Talk

Muddy Frost Chimps

• AnLand by AnLand moderator

Hi all, could you explain again, what we are supposed to do. I do not get, I have to admit. Shall we discuss or not or just match your proposed individuals ...?

Posted

• NuriaM by NuriaM scientist, moderator

Hi @Anland,

we are really sorry that this process is getting a little bit confusing, but we are all learning by doing. So what we propose is that instead of trying to match chimps just come
    up with a list of prospective chimpanzees. That is to say, ANY clear video
    where a chimp is identificable, with 1 or 2 nice thumbnails where you can clearly see the traits.
    For the moment don´t focus on matching chimps, unless there´s a VERY clear match case. Just show us (or me in the MF7 case) your nice finds.

I hope it´s clearer now?

Thank you for your engagement!!

Posted

Yes, now I get it. We are collecting portrait photos (and match later). Thanks!

Posted

• Dotti by Dotti

When we find chimps that don't match with any chimp in the list, can we still post that on the discussion board? I just did because I think that's a new chimp..hope that's ok

Posted

Yes, I think so. We just do not try to match necessarily. We put just everything on the board and @NuriaM collects (and probably matches).

Posted

• NuriaM by NuriaM scientist, moderator

absolutely!! that is exactly what we need...just make sure that it´s a good find, I mean, that we can see the face or some significant traits. There are for example some videos with chimps that just walk away and we can only see their backs...those wouldn´t be very helpful then.

You guys are doing great!!!!!

Thank you!!

Posted

• NuriaM by NuriaM scientist, moderator in response to AnLand's comment.

hey @AnLand, not only photos, videos are welcome too!!

thanks!

Posted

• Dotti by Dotti

Great! Thanks a lot!!

Posted

• AnLand by AnLand moderator in response to NuriaM's comment.

Yes, of course. I will link the videos. But you would like to have clear photos of the faces included. (And I know since yesterday how to do this ...)

Posted

• NuriaM by NuriaM scientist, moderator in response to AnLand's comment.

😉

Posted