Chimp & See Talk

youngster, tool use

• tsering by tsering

large nostrils?
    //talk.chimpandsee.org/#/subjects/ACP0003syg

Posted

• AnLand by AnLand moderator

I add this sequence ACP0003syh and move part of another discussion (http://talk.chimpandsee.org/#/boards/BCP000000j/discussions/DCP00004pb) to here:

The pair is sitting on the ground. Two more adult chimps briefly in the background. All hard to identify. (This sequence is slightly before the one mentioned here by @tsering)

enter image description here

ACP0003sz9
    ACP0003sza
    ACP0003szb

Posted

• AnLand by AnLand moderator

ACP0003syi
    ACP0003syj

Posted

• NuriaM by NuriaM scientist, moderator

Hmmm...this is hard 😭

I decided to post your last videos on the prospective chimps board...although the infant is too far away and his/her traits are not very visible, still I want him/her to be near MF7Fem08. He is now Inf09 and will be placed with MF7Fem08 like this: MF7Fem08/Inf09...

But I am not absolutely sure if I made the best decision, so any suggestion will be welcome, what do you think?

Thanks again 😉

Posted

• jwidness by jwidness moderator

I wasn't sure which thread to put this in since there are so many for this camera/day/time, but I'll just talk about the first little bit, which was started above.

There are two 1 minute clips before this camera turns to night vision:

ACP0003sz7, ACP0003sz9, ACP0003sza, ACP0003szb is the first video, running from 16:38:12 to 16:39:12. Right now they are tagged with MF7Fem08, though they also feature her infant.

ACP0003syg, ACP0003syh, ACP0003syi, ACP0003syj is the second video, running from 16:42:54 to 16:43:54. They are tagged with MF7Inf09, who is also noted to be MF7Fem08's infant.

There is at least one other mother around (seen in the background of ACP0003szb, though I think her infant is smaller), but if we agree that MF7Inf09 belongs to MF7Fem08, then the first four clips should have that tag added. Additionally, MF7Inf09's mother is seen leaving in ACP0003syg, so that tag should be added as well. I just wanted to be sure everyone agreed before I started tagging this set. Maybe another video will show up to make up the time between them.

Posted

• AnLand by AnLand moderator in response to jwidness's comment.

I don't see a problem here, but in the end @NuriaM needs to decide. Maybe she had a reason for not tagging them like this. It's all really hard to see. I tried several times to look into that scene and its actors, but it is just dark and distanced ... 😉

Posted

• NuriaM by NuriaM scientist, moderator

Thanks for this useful point @jwidness !!

your are right, actually I don´t know why I didn´t tag them, but that´s one of the reasons why we need your involvement...we are a team, and together we can do things much better 😉

I see no problem neither in tagging them...go ahead 😃

Thanks, you are amazing!

Posted