Chimp & See Talk

Solo female adult

• ksigler by ksigler moderator

Traits as I see them - correct as needed: dark face w/ shiny bald head, little gray under chin. Possible slight protruding lip on bottom right and/or under-bite on left. Dark eyes with narrow straight brow. Small, flat nostrils. Normal round ears. Gray legs and lower back. Scar on top of left shoulder. Dark hands. Long nipples and large swelling currently in this sequence on 2014-02-19.

• ACP0004eq6 9:12:05 (arrives & sits, body picture below)
    • ACP0004eq7 9:12:21 (sits & leaves, head picture below)
    • ACP0004eq8 9:12:36 (last view of leaving)

Older female
    Older female-body

I did not see any solo females that appear to match this one. The face looks similar to the chimp under "Unclear" in the prospective list, but I can't see the gray legs or scar (maybe due to lighting, or a different chimp).

Posted

• AnLand by AnLand moderator in response to ksigler's comment.

Did you see this discussion: http://talk.chimpandsee.org/#/boards/BCP000000j/discussions/DCP00004ve ? One cannot see anything from the body, but the face looks similar. What do you think?

Posted

• ksigler by ksigler moderator in response to AnLand's comment.

Yes, I did look at that one. The faces do look rather similar. What made me rule that one out was that I couldn't see the ears very well until s/he turned to the side. The fur on the sides of the face is long and/or the ears are small and close to the head. In the clips on this thread, the ears are very visible from the front for the opposite reasons... less fur and/or larger ears. That's just my reasoning, though. Could be wrong.

I didn't do many other comparisons outside those on the prospective list yet.

Posted

• Quia by Quia moderator

We seem to have a few older, balding chimps at this site! Nice and confusing for ID. 😃

I am not sure on the match mostly because of how dark these videos are, but the unknown gendered chimp here looks similar. http://talk.chimpandsee.org/#/boards/BCP000000j/discussions/DCP000046i

Posted

• ksigler by ksigler moderator in response to Quia's comment.

Yes, the lighting makes it really difficult. I tried to match it to that unknown gender one, however that one doesn't (seem to) have gray legs and I don't see the scar on the left shoulder. The scar in this female reflects light similar to the scalp and is very clear.

Posted

• NuriaM by NuriaM scientist, moderator

Hey guys, I agree with you that MF7UNCLEAR01 and this one are very similar...still we have our doubts, so I decided not to match them yet (the scar on top of her shoulder makes me doubt...I am calling her MF7Fem09.

Thanks!

Posted