Chimp & See Talk

Two traveling adults (female and male?)

• AnLand by AnLand moderator

ACP00042n7

No good face shot of the first (smaller, maybe female). Better visible in video.

enter image description here

Bigger adult (maybe male) following. Gray beard, left ear ok, right one not visible (there may not be one). White line on head, not particularly bald. Slightly gray legs and lower back.

enter image description here

Posted

• NuriaM by NuriaM scientist, moderator

hm...although I am almost sure that they are female and male, I would love to check some more opinions...

I will place them in UNCLEAR, ok?

Posted

• Quia by Quia moderator

I think the first chimp looks an awful lot like MF7Male08. Quite narrow brow, missing right ear, small balding spot on the forehead, very gray/brown lower back.

MF7Male08 for comparison

The second chimp I think is brand new, the only other chimp so far with such a great beard is Peter, and he's much balder and his beard even more impressive!

Posted

• NuriaM by NuriaM scientist, moderator in response to Quia's comment.

I think you might be right...

do you think they are two males then?

Posted

• AnLand by AnLand moderator

I concentrated only on the second chimp for comparison with the males and ruled both Peter and MF7Male08 out. But, the first one ... yes, @Quia might be right. And in closer inspection, the right ear seems to be missing here as well. I still have problems with the size comparison as MF7Male08 seems to be much bigger. But camera perspective is too different to really say something about it.

Posted

• AnLand by AnLand moderator in response to NuriaM's comment.

In the very first second (with the time stamp), you see a lighter patch between the legs. I debated quite a lot with myself when I found the video whether that could be the testicles ... (But decided then to go with the apparently smaller size and opted for female.)

Posted

• NuriaM by NuriaM scientist, moderator

😉 it´s never easy...but his silver back is typical of males. I called him MF7Male11 but with an annotation that he might be a match of MF7Male08.

Posted