Chimp & See Talk

Rose and Applejack: Two females carrying infants

• AnLand by AnLand moderator

No good views, face shots only from a distance. Videos ACP0003pf6 and ACP0003pfa + following only in spreadsheet.

Posted

• NuriaM by NuriaM scientist, moderator

Thanks!!

Posted

I just post some images and actually make then a matching proposal (2013/11/15)

enter image description here

This is the second female in this video ACP0003pfa and I find that her infant with the dark facial mask and only a bit of a white tuft, as well as her swelling (2013/12/10 - so a month later) looks a lot like MFFem01 and MFInf01 in ACP00044h7

As far as I can tell, we did not discuss them before.

Posted

• Snorticus by Snorticus

ACP0003pfa and ACP00044h7 - Over at Muddy Frost. ACP0003pfa is a match to MF7Fem01 and MF7Inf01

I support this match. Unusual female swelling shape matches, somewhat slender & nicely shaped legs on female, body shape & coloring match. Similar large infant size, dark eyemask on infant, both curved light infant brows have a dip in the middle,

ACP0003pfa

ACP00044h7 - MF7Fem01 MF7Inf01

Posted

• AnLand by AnLand moderator in response to Snorticus's comment.

Very cool! Thanks for jumping in.

Posted

• NuriaM by NuriaM scientist, moderator in response to Snorticus's comment.

Thank you!! I support this match too:

ACP0003pfa /
    ACP0003pfd /
    ACP0003pff = MF7Fem01 + MF7Inf01

@Snorticus , would you like to think of a name for her? 😃

Posted

• Snorticus by Snorticus in response to NuriaM's comment.

I think Rose for this gal & her bloom-like lady parts 😉 Will revisit this later today as Anja had other associated clips in her proposal to be reviewed too.

Posted

• Boleyn by Boleyn moderator in response to Snorticus's comment.

LOL, how becoming 😄

Posted

• AnLand by AnLand moderator in response to NuriaM's comment.

As I proposed the now accepted match, I will snatch the opportunity to name the infant right away. Let's call him Applejack.

Posted

• Snorticus by Snorticus in response to AnLand's comment.

Excellent choice, Anja!

Posted

Great names ladies!!

Dawna, that´s so funny! Rose fits her 😄

Anja, Applejack is lovely, and you of course deserve it. We have no list of namers for MF and I don´t know how many names you´ve aready given and how many gave the others. Also, it has been agreed that infants will be named at the very end. No problem, I´m fine with this, but please in the future let me decide who is to name, thanks!! 😃

Posted

• AnLand by AnLand moderator in response to NuriaM's comment.

I just want to post here an issue from my review notes. I wasn't fast enough after the surprising response by Dawna and forgot about it. The problem is that we can't exclude Mara and Rocco, as we don't have a face view of the female and the traits, including the very spare white tuft of the infant, its facial traits and ears, the female's body build, balding from the side, straighter brows, and the form of the swelling agree.

I can take the naming back and delete the suggestion if you want to wait for the end - and we still agree. But I have an interest here and would like to be on this namers list. 😃

We should also decide whether we can match here without a face view and exclude Mara and Rocco. I am not sure that we can.

The "weak" (according to @ksigler) argument against the MFFem01 match to Mara was that her infant (MFInf01) does not have a white tuft, while Rocco has one. Everything else was considered a match. As we can see in ACP0003pfa that is not actually the case. Applejack has a white tuft, it's just not always seen. So, I guess Mara and Rose as well as Rocco and Applejack are a match. And we could not make this match before, as we needed to match the female in ACP0003pfa first. See the discussion here: https://talk.chimpandsee.org/#/boards/BCP000000j/discussions/DCP00006fy (page 1 and 2).

Rose with Applejack

Rocco

Mara

Posted

hm...that´s interesting! thank you Anja.

Nope, I don´t want you to take the naming back, it´s a beautiful name and it´s already in the list.

I will come back to this issue soon, I need a while to think about it.

Posted

• MimiA by MimiA scientist, moderator

I think I agree with Anja here. Mara/Rocco and Rose/Applejack look incredibly similar to me. Especially with such good views of Rocco and Applejack, its hard to find many/any differences (yes, of course they are juveniles but really , feature for feature they are pretty similar). The few face shots we have at Rose show no clear mismatches with Mara too. I would lean towards a match here.

Posted

• Snorticus by Snorticus

Just going back to this today. I support that Anja is correct that Mara = Rose

ACP0004amq - Mara side view of swelling:

The round anus sits high on the rear, then a vertical part of swelling, and a horizontal looking bottom to her swelling that curves forward beyond the vertical portion. An unusual structure.

ACP00044h7 - Compare to shape of the coloration from the side of Rose's unusual swelling

If you accept that Mara = Rose I would be happy to use the name of Rose another time.

Posted

• Snorticus by Snorticus

ACP0003vao - Also support that Rocco = Applejack

Left ear has prominent diagonal fold, curved brows with dark center dip, grey shading under the nose, dark eye mask, similar body size. The tuft may appear larger & whiter due to lighting & very close to camera view, or it might be cleaner in this clip.

ACP00044h7 - Applejack with similar traits. Left ear has prominent diagonal fold, curved brows with center dip (The brows look not quite as rounded because of the 3/4 facial view), grey shading under the nose, dark eye mask, similar body size.

Posted

Great!! thank you ladies!

Dawna, thank you for your offer. We are going to need names for other chimps at RS, so please keep Rose in mind 😉

btw, I love your pic. of ACP0004amq above, with Mara and Rocco. Rocco´s expression reminds me of my daughters when I ask them to tidy their room up 😄

Posted

Anja, do you want me to merge the names Rocco and Applejack or do you prefer to use Applejack for another chimp (both decisions are fine to me) ?

Posted

No, no, it's fine to stay with Rocco.

We could use Applejack for Vala's infant, don't you think? Just saying. 😃

Posted

• NuriaM by NuriaM scientist, moderator in response to AnLand's comment.

great, thank you!! it is much easier for me 😛

We will use Applejack for Vala´s infant, I love it!!

Posted

• Boleyn by Boleyn moderator in response to NuriaM's comment.

Well yes, Vala's son is definitely a real Applejack, whatever this means 😄

Posted