Chimp & See Talk

Two adult chimps with juveniles

• AnLand by AnLand moderator

First female chimp with camera reaction (infant might be in a small distance behind her): gray beard, more narrow face, regular round ears, straight brows, long nipples. Might be a match to MF7Fem07. Infant in a distance (if hers), no visible traits.

ACP000420u

enter image description here

Second adult (female with older infant?): gray beard, narrow face, regular ears (not good to see). Infant (hard to see) seems to have a quite dark face. Not too young. Not sure, whether this adult is actually female!

ACP000420v, ACP000420w, ACP000420x

Posted

• NuriaM by NuriaM scientist, moderator

Good morning @AnLand (sorry for the delay, I had technical problems yesterday and couldn´t be online...)

This is what I plan to do: I will name the first one ( ACP000420u ) MF7Fem18 but with an annotation that she might be Fem07. As soon as the MF7 videos are over and we start with the next site, I will post a list of possible matches and then we can discuss about it with a little bit more of time...what do you think?

The second one, I would say it´s a female too (because she is carrying a baby) and will call her MF7Fem19, but with an annotation too that she has no visible sexual traits.

I am very happy to be back again 😉

Posted

• AnLand by AnLand moderator in response to NuriaM's comment.

No problem. Welcome back! I agree to everything.

Posted

• NuriaM by NuriaM scientist, moderator

wait...second thought: I think the second one is too far away and it´s too risky to add her to the prospective chimps list. Let´s keep her just on the spreadsheet, ok?

Posted