Chimp & See Talk

**Female adult carrying small infant on belly

• AnLand by AnLand moderator

This is a very poor face shot, but she might be the same adult female that sits here earlier, cracking nuts and feeding. In my opinion both ears have irregularities (maybe cuts) and I think she has them too.

enter image description here

Long video sequence with breaks. Time frame around 10 minutes. Maybe we can see what / how much is missing in the spreadsheet after synchronization. More chimps around in a distance.

ACP0004l4i
    ACP0004l4j
    ACP0004l4k
    ACP0004l4x
    ACP0004l4y
    ACP0004l4z
    ACP0004l50
    ACP0004l51
    ACP0004l52
    ACP0004l53
    ACP0004l55
    ACP0004l56
    ACP0004l57
    ACP0004l58

I try to get them in order during the weekend.

Posted

Ok, that is very much circumstantial: but @raito found this female adult chimp with a very young infant on her belly and irregularities on both ears: ACP0003rk8, ACP0003rka, ACP0003rkc, ACP0003rkf

Straight brows, looks rather thin and dark. No baldness. At least, we can take her in the prospective chimps list. Maybe we find some more similarities later.

Posted

• NuriaM by NuriaM scientist, moderator

Thanks @AnLand,

I will put the second one in the prospective chimps list.

Posted

I still see here similarities: body build: very lean and dark, no baldness, slightly round brows, and irregularities on both ears between the female in the first picture and MF7Fem21. The scene in between is only a back view of a female with a very small infant and irregularities on both ears. It fits into the first scene, but we can exclude her if match is too shaky on this ground. The other one is at least something to look into.

Posted

those two ears do look really similar: an L-cut on the left ear and a straight cut on the tip of the right ear are present in both...I will propose them as a match and let´s wait for others opinions...

thanks!

Posted

Great, thanks! We will see whether others agree.

Posted

• ksigler by ksigler moderator

MF7Fem33 looks a little bigger to me, but maybe just the lighting. The ears look pretty close. I'd agree with a match.

Left ear (click +)

fem33
    fem21

Right ear (click +)

fem33
    Fem21

Posted

ok! so I think we´ve got a match here...

@ksigler , I thought of that too, but maybe it´s just the light and the fact that Fem33 is closer to the camera...

@AnLand, it´s been a long time since you don´t name chimps 😃 I think it´s now your turn if you like?

Posted

Thanks, @NuriaM!

So, I made up my mind and propose for the adult female Camilla and Toto for her little one. I sincerely hope that the infant will be fine in the end. It's really sad to see it possibly ill (see this discussion: http://talk.chimpandsee.org/#/boards/BCP000000d/discussions/DCP000086c).

Posted

oh, I hadn´t seen that discussion about Toto´s eye!! it appeared ill to me too...

poor little thing!! it´s heartbreaking to see such small babies ill (especially when you have kids yourself 😦 ).

Posted

• ksigler by ksigler moderator in response to NuriaM's comment.

I know, it's terrible! The first thing I thought was, "quick, someone go find it and give it some medicine!" Which, of course, is way too intrusive, and even then, is easier said than done and would have needed to be done over a year ago. 😦 So, I hope Toto made it, also. And I feel for Camilla. I've seen video of chimps mourning their little ones (or sometimes seemingly refusing to) and it's painful to watch. So, unless we get footage showing otherwise, I'll just be hopeful that she coaxed Toto into eating some medicinal plant...

Posted

• Boleyn by Boleyn moderator

In this video ACP0004l57 the chimp in the back is unknown - means it is not Camilla. It's the one that entered the scene from the left when #Camilla was walking away ACP0004l4k. In this video ACP0004l55 you can hear Camilla crunching nuts behind the tree while the other one is still walking around in the background.
    I know it's a bit confusing, sorry 😃

Posted

• NuriaM by NuriaM scientist, moderator in response to ksigler's comment.

let´s trust in mom´s instinct...they (we) know well what to do...most of the times 😃

Posted

• NuriaM by NuriaM scientist, moderator in response to Boleyn's comment.

Thanks @Boleyn !

Posted

ACP0003v4v - This lean, dark female with the prominent big pinkish swelling (not swollen9 and a very tiny infant should be Camilla with Toto. It's a month before the other two sequences and I think that works with the size of the infant. Other traits aren't clearly seen, but we should not have several newborns by mothers with the same basic traits, right?

Compare for the swelling and body build: ACP0004l51.

Posted