Chimp & See Talk

Three males traveling on fallen tree

• AnLand by AnLand moderator

found by @Snorticus

ACP0004pft, ACP0004pfv, ACP0004pfx First male only back view.

Second male: gray lower back, narrow face but round head with thick fur. Right ear not visible, left ear quite small. No baldness, round brows, big nostrils. Might be a match to MF7Male12. (Some similarities with MF7Male08 are there too).

enter image description here

Third male: pronouced balding, round, more bushy gray brows, gray beard, ears hard to see but present, I think. Generally dark fur, robust male.

enter image description here

Posted

• Quia by Quia moderator

Awesome videos! My thoughts, trying to find matches among the prospective chimps.

Second male: MF7Male08/MF7Male11? Small brow/mouth on a very large heady, very stocky, and the missing(?) right ear.

Third male: MF7Male07? The odd ears almost hidden in hair, whitish spots around the mouth, heavy balding.

Posted

• AnLand by AnLand moderator

@LJE made some reasonable matching suggestions in the video comments. Just to keep them here too: second chimp: MF7Male03 (the match MF7Male03 and MF7Male08 was proposed before - so there seems to be something on it). Third chimp: MF7Male01

(He probably did not see the first video in that sequence with another male chimp, so @LJE is counting differently).

Posted

• Quia by Quia moderator

Oh, now that I look, I definitely see the resemblance to MF7Male01 in the third male! The original sequence for male01 is a little sparse on details, but the face and build look similar, and I notice that horizontal scar on the left brow. I think there are at least two males with a similar scar on the brow there, but MF7Male07 does not have that marking, so I retract that suggestion for a match.

Posted