Chimp & See Talk

Juvenile chimp and sniffing adult female

• AnLand by AnLand moderator

Now, that I have found a nice face shot of the juvenile, I will write a post.

Adult female carrying an infant in a distance. She is sniffing on the plants and the floor. I don't know why, but we have quite some leopard videos at the place. Although, none of it at this time. Probably, there is another eplanation for her sniffing, but I don't know. Any ideas?

ACP0003qpz, ACP0003qq2

Cute juvenile with round brows, quite narrow face and big nostrils. Round mouth area. Right ear a bit pointy.

enter image description here

Update: Or humans: ACP0003qpk (a day before)?

Posted

• Snorticus by Snorticus in response to AnLand's comment.

1. More of this series of the chimps ACP0003qq5 ACP0003qq7

2. There were two humans. One human spends a fair amount of time at the log and placing his things on the log ACP0003qpc ACP0003qpe ACP0003qph ACP0003qpk ACP0003qqf

3. Earlier in the day (via the timestamp) a human also put his things in that same spot ACP0003qq8

Posted

• NuriaM by NuriaM scientist, moderator

this log is full of information...VERY INTERSTING FIND!!!!!!

Posted

• Snorticus by Snorticus

I thought it was very interesting that her posture and actions became so wary and cautious when she caught the scent in that area. Humans are scary!

Posted

• AnLand by AnLand moderator in response to Snorticus's comment.

Yes, she is really getting nervous.

Posted

...I would be alert too 😉

Posted

• MimiA by MimiA scientist, moderator

Great job guys! that's really cool!

Posted

😃

Posted

• AnLand by AnLand moderator

I have been trying to match the juvenile to MF7Juv20, but it looks as if the left ear of MF7Juv23 looks strange, somehow crippled. Can anybody besides me see that in the video ACP0003qpz? Maybe it is only the amount of hair covering the ears. In the latter case a match would be possible. Faces look very much alike, but I am unsure with the ear. Both have a small gray beard, round brows, a lighter mouth area and head hair hanging in front of the ears (covering them in the total front view quite a lot).

MF7Juv23

MF7Juv20

Posted

they do look alike...

about Juv23 ear, I think it is just the hair...any more opinions?

Posted