Chimp & See Talk

Male adult chimp

• AnLand by AnLand moderator

I found a new male chimp and propose the match to Peter right away: white-spotted beard, narrow face, no right ear, big, very dark male chimp. ACP0004aty

enter image description here

Posted

• NuriaM by NuriaM scientist, moderator

He certainly looks very much like Peter, but his ear makes me doubt. Peter has no right ear, and in this last one I see a cut on his right ear:

one one

what do you think?

Posted

• AnLand by AnLand moderator in response to NuriaM's comment.

Yes, I thought about it. I can see - let's say - rests of an ear but could not decide whether that is more than we see with Peter or not. This new male is much closer to the camera and my reasoning was that in the earlier sequences we just not see it this well. But basically, I agree. It looks different as one can see "two rests" - or as you say: a cut.

Posted

ok...I will give him a new ID.

Posted

I came to the conclusion that he might be Morrison. I am not 100% sure, but this video ACP00044gb (at 4 sec.) shows a cut in Morrison's right ear. Baldness, white spots and beard, body build, rear ... We might want to look into that once more.

Posted

• jwidness by jwidness moderator

Male23 is definitely Morrison -- besides the cut in the ear, he's got a small white dot by his right nostril, a wide bald forehead that looks like it has 3 lumps, a white beard, and a super pale scrotum (actually just the left ball is extra pale 😉).

Male23's pale scrotum (more obvious in the clip -- ACP0004aty )

Morrison in ACP00044fz

Morrison in ACP00044g0

Posted

Absolutely!

thank you ladies 😃

Posted

Great!!! Thanks a lot, @NuriaM! And also thanks, @jwidness for the support and additional pictures!

Posted