Chimp & See Talk

New chimp video

• AnLand by AnLand moderator

ACP0004egy and ACP0004egz

Older juvenile (seen with an adult female (only back view)). Round brows, big and regular ears, darker eye area. Relatively flat nostrils.

enter image description here

(possible match to MF7Juv28?)

Posted

• jwidness by jwidness moderator

Yay some new footage, thanks @AnLand 😃

I like the match to MF7Juv28, and I think if we take that to its logical conclusion (MF7Juv28's mom appears to be MF7Fem34 and MF7Fem34 is a suggested match to MF7Fem13 (per @AnLand)), perhaps this is a family of this juvenile/MF7Juv28/MF7Juv09 and this female/MF7Fem34/MF7Fem13? I know people already discussed whether Fem13 is actually Juv09's mom and thought not, so I'm not officially suggesting this as a match (especially since this female is only seen from behind), it's just something I'm thinking about since I do see physical similarities. The juveniles all have LOTS of facial wrinkles, dark mask area, big round ears, and the left ear has a slight bend to it in the middle -- plus the same slightly open mouth expression. The females are robust, very dark faces, grey lower back. Anyway, that's my first impression 😃

Posted

Just a very preliminary thought: what do you think about a match to MF7Juv16 (and maybe also to MF7Juv18). I see the same big regular ears and flat nostrils. I suggested earlier to match both of them to Jane, but her ears seem to be still bigger and higher on the head, the brow straighter and the nostrils more narrow. I need to think a bit more about this. (MF7Juv18 is also seen with a gray-backed adult female. But that's all one can say about this. MF7Juv16 is with somebody (tool usage off camera hearable), but no one is seen.)

MF7Juv16, face best seen here: ACP0003szk

enter image description here

I think, MF7Juv09 is younger, the face darker and the hair is hanging more on his/her ears. I would not match him/her.

Posted

(I learned in the paper that @MimiA posted yesterday that females (and their offspring) have often a core area for foraging. I might be biased by this thought as three of the scenes (this new one, MF7Juv18, and MF7Juv28) are exactly at the same place.)

Posted

• NuriaM by NuriaM scientist, moderator

#MF7Juv29

he certainly looks very similar to Juv28 and Juv16 to me, although in Juv28 and Juv16 I can see a slightly depigmented area under the right eye which I don´t see in Juv29

MF7Juv28:

one

MF7Juv16:

one

MF7Juv29:

one

About Juv09, I agree with @AnLand, s/he looks a bit younger to me.

What do you think?

Posted