Chimp & See Talk

Adult male traveling

• AnLand by AnLand moderator

found by @Boleyn

Big, adult male. Round head with narrow face. Quite dark overall, no baldness, but with white, balder spot at midline above the brow. Round, dominant mouth area. Both ears present, the right one seems to have a small bent. Gray beard, lighter brows, slightly round. ACP0003y4g

enter image description here

enter image description here

Posted

• AnLand by AnLand moderator

Matching is difficult. Spontaneous, I'd say we should look into MF7Male02 (head form, brows, beard, nostrils), but I am not sure. MF7Male02 does not look so neat and smooth as the individual here, but that might be the light, closeness to camera and - well: the situation. 😉

Posted

• Boleyn by Boleyn moderator

Thanks a lot @AnLand I just had to run and prepare dinner after finding him ... oh real life 😃 your description is perfect, nothing to add! You might be right with MF7Male02 they really look the same. The only difference might be, that this one here has a bit a broader mouth. But this could be just the slightly different angle and light as you pointed out..

Posted

• AnLand by AnLand moderator in response to Boleyn's comment.

Sorry, I was not sure whether you were gone for the day. About the mouth: could it be that he has food in it? It really looks bulky. Bulkier than I have seen this here before. (A bit like Rocco here: ACP0004amq and we thought he might have food in his mouth as well.)

Posted

• NuriaM by NuriaM scientist, moderator

hi guys, nice find! he is a really handsome one 😃

at the beginning I though of matching him with Andrew, see his scar on his left brow!!

one one

but he doesn´t really look like him anyway 😦

I don´t see this scar on MF7Male02

one

Posted

#MF7Male28 😃

Posted

• AnLand by AnLand moderator in response to NuriaM's comment.

I see your point with a possible scar, but I really cannot see Andrew in him. Leaving out his bulky mouth area, Andrew is quite bald and MF7Male28 has only a small bald spot above the brow.

Posted

yes, I don´t think it´s Andrew neither...but the scar made me think of him 😃

Posted

• Boleyn by Boleyn moderator

This #MF7Male28 guy didn't leave me alone so I went through the Prospectve/Known chimps list again. I think he could be a match to #MF7Male15 . I was particularly looking at their eyebrows. The first two pics are from 28 the last to are 15:

MF7Male28

![in this light 28s eyebrows seem to be as bushy and white as 15s and it doesn't look like a scar] (https://static.zooniverse.org/www.chimpandsee.org/subjects/5520367b69736d72e6315e01/previews/5520367b69736d72e6315e01_6.jpg)

MF7Male15 - in this light he seems to have a scar himself

but here neither very white nor a scar can be seen

Also their mouths seem to be very much alike. Maybe #MF7Male28 is carrying a bit of food in his mouth that's why it makes it seem so wide or he just likes to make a grimace 😃
    Then the general color: both are mostly black.

What do you think? Do I miss something? Thanks.

Posted

• AnLand by AnLand moderator in response to Boleyn's comment.

@Boleyn, I am still thinking, but I like the idea. Especially in your second picture the mouth area really looks like the one from MF7Male28. But I am still thinking about MF7Male02.

I need more time to re-watch the videos from MF7Male02.

Posted

Hm...

The dropping upper lip of MF7Male15 makes me doubt about MF7Male02. MF7Male02 ´s face looksbesides rounder to me.

About MF7Male28, I can´t see that lip trait neither,but I think he might be eating something...I see similarities between MF7Male15 and MF7Male28 too.

I will post MF7Male15 and MF7Male28 in the possible matches list, but for the moment I will leave MF7Male02 apart, unless someone else agrees with this match possibility.

Thanks!!

Posted

• AnLand by AnLand moderator in response to NuriaM's comment.

Hi @NuriaM,

I think, the idea here was not to match MF7Male15 with MF7Male02. I proposed a match of MF7Male28 to MF7Male02 and @Boleyn instead one to MF7Male15. Both ideas have problems. With MF7Male02 it is the missing scar. With MF7Male15 it is the lip. (As you remember, we proposed a match of MF7Male15 to MF7Male24 (from the beehive scene), here I see still more similarities as the brows are a bit rounder and more narrow and also the lips are more similar.) I guess, we need some more thinking.

Posted

• NuriaM by NuriaM scientist, moderator in response to AnLand's comment.

oh, ok!

I will take it into account when going back to the males possible matches list.

Thanks.

Posted