Chimp & See Talk

**3 chimps travelling one female carrying a young

• Boleyn by Boleyn moderator

3 #chimps one #female #carrying_young two #female #youth or young adults all travelling. ACP0003p7k

female with young

The two girls seem to be quite slim and they look like twins. Does this even exist with chimps?

enter image description here

the caption doesn't show it really well...

Posted

• AnLand by AnLand moderator

Hi @Boleyn! Great find. I move your post to the Muddy Frost-discussion board. Ok?

Posted

• Boleyn by Boleyn moderator

yes, thanks, @AnLand. The next video shows another at the right in the background. Maybe one of the travellers but maybe also another one. [ACP0003p7l]
    (http://talk.chimpandsee.org/#/subjects/ACP0003p7l)

Posted

• AnLand by AnLand moderator in response to Boleyn's comment.

Yes, cannot really decide, what I am thinking. The swelling looks smaller than in the young adult female, but bigger than the juvenile. But hard to see. Logically, it would be the young adult female ...

For some description: adult female carrying older infant. Very dark face. I think, she is quite bald. No grayness seen at this distance. Older juvenile with straighter brow and big mouth area. Probably not good for identification. Too far away, too fast traveling. I include a face shot nevertheless. Last, dark, young female adult. (I think she has the Mickey Mouse ears ... πŸ˜‰ )

Posted

• Boleyn by Boleyn moderator in response to AnLand's comment.

great job, thanks again!
    I tried to find the start of the sequence with the female entering the scene but no luck so far...

Posted

Don't try. There is none. The color of the video and the "60s" tell you that the camera started here. There is no footage before, unfortunately.

Posted

• NuriaM by NuriaM scientist, moderator

thanks guys!!!

it´s a pity that the traits are not clear enough for identification 😦

Posted

• Boleyn by Boleyn moderator in response to AnLand's comment.

oh that's what the 60s is all about. I already wondered πŸ˜ƒ

Posted

Yes, the camera is always taking at least a minute of footage, triggered by some movement (hopefully an animal). That is the start, normally it is getting lighter, too. Here seen in two variants: either with "60s" or the one with the red screen showing date and time. If there is further movement in this minute, the camera will get on taking footage. If there is no movement anymore detectable, it will stop after the last full minute. Because of this we have in principle always four videos belonging together (4 * 15 seconds = one minute). Hope that will help as an explanation.

Posted

• NuriaM by NuriaM scientist, moderator in response to AnLand's comment.

πŸ˜ƒ

Posted

• AnLand by AnLand moderator

ACP0003prl / ACP0003prn / ACP0003prp - I just asked myself whether this is the same four member family: a female with a big infant and two big female adolescents following

Only one good image (she should be the first juvenile in ACP0003p7k)

The female with infant and this younger of the two juveniles might also be in ACP0003q2x / ACP0003q2y. Again no good image of the adult, but of the female adolescent:

@Boleyn, you had your eyes on them earlier ... What do you think?

Posted