Chimp & See Talk

Great Excitement -- Ralph

• AnLand by AnLand moderator

Adult male chimp. Vocalizing and drumming. I am not sure why he is doing it, but it doesn't sound like aggression. Absolute cool video.
    ACP0005a9x and ACP0005a9y

Big round head with small face and flat forehead. Round brows and eyes, white beard. White marks on eyes. Small bald spot above the brow. Looks a bit older. Gray lower back, not much. He looks not very big, but hard to compare.

enter image description here

Posted

• Snorticus by Snorticus

First drumming I've seen since I started - very impressive fellow, he whacks that tree with gusto!

Posted

ACP0005a6g, ACP0005a6h, ACP0005a6i, ACP0005a6j - just for the fun and first day and because I am excited. Will go back to Muddy Frost now - looking for missing links. 😉

Posted

• jwidness by jwidness moderator

So exciting! I know they don't even have temp names, but these two males sure look the same to me 😃 (Not an official match suggestion, just a comment)

Hope you haven't run out of names 😉

Posted

• jwidness by jwidness moderator

We should add ACP0005aa0 to this discussion. It's the fourth video in the sequence with ACP0005a9x and ACP0005a9y ( ACP0005a9z has no chimps). He's moving quite quickly in it and maybe it won't be possible to positively ID him, but it's from the same minute anyway.

Posted

• PauDG by PauDG scientist, moderator

woowww!! I am really impressed.
    We have already a match, you are the best!! look this two photos

one
    http://talk.chimpandsee.org/#/subjects/ACP0005a9y

one
    http://talk.chimpandsee.org/#/subjects/ACP0005a6j

Great job team.
    We need a name to our first ID chimp.

Remember to check the list of names to not use one of them. http://talk.chimpandsee.org/#/boards/BCP000000i/discussions/DCP00001dp
    Thanks a lot!

Posted

• AnLand by AnLand moderator in response to PauDG's comment.

Thank you very much, I did not expect to convince you right away. 😉 But yes, as I found both videos and made the match, I would like to propose a name for the first ID chimp at Crimson Dew: Ralph

I hope we will have a lot of fun at this site as well! Things are looking very promising.

Posted

Hi @PauDG,

I know the traits are not well seen, but what is seen is very similar to the first scene above with Ralph and is only 26 minutes before: ACP0005a91. As I do not know, what he is doing and why is he doing it, I just want to ask you to have a look. Maybe you see some similarity, too. (And could briefly explain what he is doing. Thanks!)

Posted

Is Ralph again!!!
    That is call "display", and is a show of force or power. Normally they hit something to make noise, or move a branch to seem bigger...
    Thanks!

Posted

Hi @PauDG,

I am pretty sure that it is Ralph again: ACP0005a99, ACP0005a9a, ACP0005a9b, ACP0005a9c
    Can you have a look?

Posted

yes, I agree. Good job

Posted