Chimp & See Talk

Adult female, big male, small male (CDMale02)

• jwidness by jwidness moderator

ACP0005eix

Female not identifiable, not great views of the big male, I'm not sure he can be positively ID'd either:

enter image description here

Maybe someone else wants to write up a description of him if they think he can be ID'd?

The young male is more promising:

enter image description here

He's quite small and young for an adult male. Pale muzzle, darker around the eyes. Straight brows. Ears are intact, pale, round, and stick out a bit. Short and smooth body hair. No balding, but his hair seems relatively thin all over his body.

I don't think I want to officially suggest a match to the young male from ACP0005eer (especially since his face is not easy to see in that video), but I'll just point out similarities that I'm thinking about: they're both about the same size/age, they both have straight brows, pale muzzles, and darker eye areas, and I think they have the same smooth/short/thin body hair, which is especially thin on the lower legs. I hope we find more clips of these young lads 😃

Posted

• Quia by Quia moderator

There's a bit more to this sequence, the young male comes in halfway through: ACP0005eiw Sadly the gap between videos is where the male and female come in.

Posted

• jwidness by jwidness moderator

Good catch -- too bad about the gap though 😕

Posted

• PauDG by PauDG scientist, moderator

Hi all

the female and the first male pass too quickly to ID, but we have good views of the young male. I am agree with jwidness that is very similar to the young male in ACP0005eer. The problem is that in the video ACP0005eer the chimp is not completely visible, and for now we don't know if in this area there are more chimps of this age/size/sex.

Let's keep this in mind.

So this young male from ACP0005eiw and ACP0005eix will be CDMale02.

Thanks a lot! 😃

Posted