Chimp & See Talk

Adult female resting -- Yeesha

• AnLand by AnLand moderator

Rounder brows, big nostrils, gray beard. There is something on her right ear, but I don't know what. Left ear not seen. No baldness seen (but difficult in this light and distance). Not very robust. ACP000537z

enter image description here

Posted

• Quia by Quia moderator

Oh, I think I've seen her before! What do you think about matching her to CDFem07?

ACP00057ii

Posted

• jwidness by jwidness moderator

You beat me to it, I was going to say the same thing! (Also, you can see her in the previous video ACP000537y)

Posted

Hi @PauDG, is the video quality too bad to give her (first post) an ID or did you just not see the posting? (Or did I miss something, that might be too!)

I think, the matching proposal by @Quia and @jwidness has quite something. At least brows and nostrils as well as the beard look the same. The head is a bit curvy towards the midline in both.
    (But there are some adult females without apparent offsprings, so I am not 100% sure. Maybe we need to wait to get a better picture about the community.)

Posted

• PauDG by PauDG scientist, moderator

Hi all,
    Actually I find these two chimp very very similar, and in the same way different from the other chimps we have seen in this site.
    For me we can do the match.

Posted

I think, @Quia made the match, so it is her turn to find a nice name ...

Posted

perfect

Posted

• Quia by Quia moderator

Glad to see that we agree on this one! 😃 She sure has a different browline than most of the females in this area.

Can we call her Yeesha?

Posted

Sure, Yeesha will be the new female in Crimson Dew. Thanks!

Posted

• jwidness by jwidness moderator

I'd to discuss again Fem07b from ACP0004zr0, I'm sure she's Yeesha.

enter image description here

Posted

Hi @jwidness,

I agree.

Posted