Chimp & See Talk

Adult female with small infant - CDFem10

• AnLand by AnLand moderator

Again, not the best quality, but with face shot. Gray beard, rounder brows, right seems to be ok. A bit baldness. In my opinion, not the wide face of CDFem08, but I did not look into the others ones with small infants. ACP0004zuy

enter image description here

Posted

• PauDG by PauDG scientist, moderator

I agree, she doesn't seem CDFem08.
    We are having very bad luck with the females with babies... we don't have good images from them ...It is going to be complicated...

Posted

• jwidness by jwidness moderator

I don't think we should rule out CDFem08 so quickly. She's similarly robust, big head, white beard that sort of continues into white mustache, medium curvy brows, some baldness on top. Is there something particular that makes you think this can't be her? Personally, I think the width of the face is hard to judge because it changes so dramatically if you're viewing slightly from the side.

Posted

• AnLand by AnLand moderator

In my opinion, she really looks different. Narrower face and smaller right ear. The browline is not so straight and seems to be not so protruded. I am also missing her second, older offspring. CDFem08 (and 08a and the other one that might be her again) are never far away and keep an eye on the juvenile. (See here my last post: http://talk.chimpandsee.org/#/boards/BCP000000k/discussions/DCP00009v9)

Posted

Hi all,
    as we have doubts of this chimp, I am going to put her as CDFem10 in the prospective list. Let's see if we can figure it out.
    Thanks team

Posted

• jwidness by jwidness moderator

I'm still thinking that maybe CDFem10 is Gertrude. It's true we don't see Jax with her, but perhaps he/she is ahead of her out of sight? Looking at Gertrude's face, she has a white beard and a very dark area of skin directly under her lower lip (easier to see in the videos, but I'm including previews too):

from ACP0004zj5

from ACP0004xgv

from ACP0004zxa

from ACP00052it

I believe CDFem10 has the same white beard with dark under her lip:

from ACP0004zuy

She is similarly robust, similar brows, similar ears, similar balding, and similar small infant.

(Cross-posted to the Gertrude thread)

Posted

I agree with you jwidness,
    the problem was that we didn't have good front images from Gertrude but I can see now the similarities, specially the color around the mouth.

everyone agrees?

Thanks a lot!

Posted