Chimp & See Talk

Two female chimps travelling and a male in the background

• Boleyn by Boleyn moderator

ACP0004v6w
    Two younger? female chimps with no infants travelling. One of them is stopping in the backgrund at a big male with a pale muzzle. Looks like she's "offering" herself to him. I couldn't find the next video to be sure of this though.
    female and male in the background

more videos earlier from the same scene:
    ACP0004v6t
    ACP0004v6u

more videos earlier from the same scene:
    ACP0004v6t
    ACP0004v6u

Posted

• jwidness by jwidness moderator

That's the last video in the set, so we don't get to see what happens next 😕

Do you think the second female might be carrying a very small infant on her belly? I watched it a number of times and I think maybe I see something.

Posted

• AnLand by AnLand moderator

Yes, I think she is carrying an infant. You cannot see the lighter hands of the infant as usual, but I am sure there is an infant's arm.

Posted

• PauDG by PauDG scientist, moderator

yes, in the second 0:07 in ACP0004v6w you can see what I think is the arm.

Posted

• Boleyn by Boleyn moderator

yes, you're right, there is a small infant! I worked with another browser yesterday that's probably why I haven't seen it. Thanks for pointing it out @jwidness ! And the best is: I found them offically, not by searching 😃 I found some other as well before the offical "opening" of CD-8 but I did not mark them, just collected. They shall be discovered the normal way otherwise the regular users will be disappointed when every chimp is already tagged, don't you think?

Posted

• PauDG by PauDG scientist, moderator

Hi Boleyn,
    it could be easier if you find the videos and don't search the videos, but for us there is no problem. I can not see how do you find the videos, I just can see the discussion that you open about the videos. You can not find new videos with the "normal" way? Thanks

Posted