Chimp & See Talk

What is it?

• Mercury82 by Mercury82

There definitely is something in this clip, under the tree branch in the upper right - but it could be anything - does anyone have an idea? Or are the following/previous clips more definite?

Posted

• Quia by Quia moderator

It's a #chimp! If you make the video fullscreen, you can see in the first few frames his/her head is poking out over the branch, and then turns and walks away.

Posted

• Mercury82 by Mercury82

Man, I can't believe it!!! My first one and I don't recognize it 😃

Posted

• Boleyn by Boleyn moderator

never mind, @Mercury82, at my first chimps I wanted to play the rewind button and hit "nothing here" 😃

Posted

• Boleyn by Boleyn moderator

just a few seconds later there's another female chimp with a small infant on her belly. In the back a juvenile joins her. I'm pretty sure this is Gertrude with her infant Cali and Jax the juvenile, the former CDFem08, CDFem08a.

look here: ACP00058p5 you can see a glimpse of a small arm on her right side. Unfortunately not in a pic. That's the best I could find.
    female

and two more
    ACP00058p6

Posted

• jwidness by jwidness moderator

I definitely see a strong resemblance to Gertrude, but I don't feel 100% confident. Maybe @AnLand and @PauDG can confirm. (I will add that to me it looked more like a tiny foot than a tiny arm 😛)

Fun set!
    #crimsondew

Posted

• PauDG by PauDG scientist, moderator

Yes, she has exactly the same patron of gray in her back. I just wondering if we will be able to recognize her by the front view...
    Thanks!

Posted