Chimp & See Talk

Adult male

• AnLand by AnLand moderator

I am not sure here and cannot get a good screenshot. Face is better, but only briefly seen in the first video. Robust, but maybe medium built adult male. The brows and body size remind me on Ralph. If it's not him, we did not see him before. Right ear is ok, left ear not seen. Beard. Flat, but not too small nostrils. Brows slightly curvy.

It's raining. Vocalization in the background. ACP0005a8h and ACP0005a8i

enter image description here

Posted

• jwidness by jwidness moderator

I agree that Ralph is a good guess. As extra (but weaker) evidence, we've so far seen no males except Ralph and Dodge on this particular cam, and this footage was recorded within two weeks of other Ralph footage on this cam. Still, I'm not confident on this one yet.

Posted

• PauDG by PauDG scientist, moderator

Hi all,
    for me this chimp has the ears bigger than Ralph... to be honest I don't know if we will able to ID this chimp with this video.

Posted

Hi all, after have seen all the videos from this site, and after be more familiar with all the chimps, I think that this one is Ralph. Let me know if you agree or not, For now I will add him to the known list. Thanks a lot!

Posted

• AnLand by AnLand moderator

Great, one more question solved! (And Ralph is still my favorite male chimp. He is just cool.)

Posted

ahahaha 😉

Posted