Chimp & See Talk

CDMale01 = 01a = 03 = 05 = 07 = 07a? -- Mario

• jwidness by jwidness moderator

Since I made a post for the other big male (Luigi), it only seemed fair that I do the same for this guy 😉

To restate what's been said earlier, I first proposed that CDMale01 = CDMale01a = CDMale05. Then @AnLand proposed that CDMale05 = CDMale03 = CDMale07. I agreed with all of those and restated my proposal as CDMale01 = 01a = 03 = 05 = 07 = 07a. I believe that @AnLand did not necessarily agree with the additions to the proposal, but I don't want to misquote her. @PauDG believes that CDMale07 = CDMale07a.

CDMale01 from ACP0005acj, ACP0005ack, ACP0005acl, ACP0005acm:

enter image description here

CDMale01a from ACP0004zr0 (on right):

CDMale03 from ACP0004zoc and ACP0004zod:

CDMale05 from ACP00054u7:

CDMale07 from ACP00057if and ACP00057ig (on left):

CDMale07a from ACP00058f5:

I also believe he's in ACP0005097:

ACP0005331:

ACP00057sc:

ACP0005di1:

ACP00054mf, ACP00054mg, ACP00054mh, ACP00054mi:

I also posted a number of videos I believe to be him from the side and behind in the second post to this thread: http://talk.chimpandsee.org/#/boards/BCP000000k/discussions/DCP0000aoz.

Description: robust build, somewhat curvy brows, white beard, big roundish head, but with a flat top and bald in the middle, pointy nostrils, mostly dark facial skin with paler lips, yellowing lower back.

As I said before, compared to Luigi, he's bigger/fluffier in the shoulders, his back/rump is more rounded, his grey/yellow doesn't go as far down the legs, he's bald on the forehead, he has pale lips and a white beard, and his face is more rectangular.

Posted

• PauDG by PauDG scientist, moderator

Hi jwidness,
    for now, and after watch the videos and pictures several times more, I only feel sure enough to say that CDMale05 and CDMale03 are the same...
    I know that you are pretty sure also about the other, but I still having doubts. I found the face and the shoulders of CDMale01 are different from the rest, and I am more convinced about CDMale07, but I still seeing them different. Sorry

I will continue watching these videos, for sure.

Do you want to choose a name to CDMale05 = CDmale03?

Thanks a lot!

Posted

I don't remember who proposed this match before, but you both have been proposed matches about the males, so maybe you can choose a name together... 😉

Posted

I was hoping to call him Mario -- if you don't like it, maybe you can suggest something different? 😃

Posted

Haha, I didn't realize it was that obvious. 😉

I'm sorry that you're upset about posts not getting replies -- I was a bit sad when my first suggestion didn't get a response either. But I think sometimes things just get lost in all the activity, or people need a little more time to think. Anyway, you definitely helped me in my thinking for this match, so thank you for that. 😃

Posted

Hi both,
    as I told you, I needed time to think in the match that you propose, specially when you propose a match between a lot of individuals. And I told you that I needed time. Sorry if that bothers you. I will try to be quickly next time, I am doing me best.

Posted

• ksigler by ksigler moderator in response to PauDG's comment.

Paula, you're awesome, don't sweat it. 😃

Posted

• jwidness by jwidness moderator in response to PauDG's comment.

You're doing a great job 😃 -- there are so many of us and only one of you. It would be crazy for us to expect you to respond to everything immediately.

Posted

• MimiA by MimiA scientist, moderator

Hey moderators - if I understand then, there are a couple of threads talking about the same matches which has lead to this issue? You guys could then help Paula a lot my merging the threads for her so it is all in one place- thanks! And Paula you are amazing thanks for your fantastic work! If anyone ever feels their threads are being neglcted, a private message to the moderator after 2 days or so would also be welcome so nothing slips through the cracks - thank you all for your help!

Posted

• ksigler by ksigler moderator in response to MimiA's comment.

Sorry, I don't mean to step on your toes, @MimiA, but mods, please merge gently! Remember that it will re-sort everything by post date. So maybe just merge in the one-off posts, but don't merge all the long established discussions together? Just an idea. Those invested in this matching may know better.

Posted

I think part of the problem is that we don't all quite agree which threads should be merged -- for example, some threads were talking about the male that we're calling Luigi, and some were talking about Mario, but some threads were talking about clips that we didn't agree to whom (if either!) there was a match. I definitely understand that this is a very complex process and with so much going on at once and so many different videos of the same individuals, it can be extremely difficult for everyone to follow everything. Personally, I am never offended if things take a little time. I think Paula is doing a great job keeping up with so many excited chimp matchers : )

Posted

• MimiA by MimiA scientist, moderator

Sorry guys! I definetly don't want to step on toes the most! so what you said all makes sense. What I meant more is, if you see someone start a thread about males that are already being discussed then merge those - that could then avoid having multiple threads on the same males 😃 sorry!

Posted

• drobinso by drobinso

Forgive me for poking my nose in here, but I find it frustrating trying to keep up with all of the various conversations. I generally once a day go through and try to look at all the threads with time stamps within the last 24 hours, but I am sure I miss some very interesting discussions.

Posted